Windows 10: I can't change my name anymore, help please

Discus and support I can't change my name anymore, help please in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I got a Windows 10 laptop about a year ago, and looking at the username I chose at the time I totally regret it now. When I go to Control Panel there... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jemgirl8588, Dec 21, 2018.

1. I can't change my name anymore, help please

I got a Windows 10 laptop about a year ago, and looking at the username I chose at the time I totally regret it now.

When I go to Control Panel there is NO option at all to change it. Is this one of the things that Microsoft removed without any thought?

Also I noticed that Microsoft likes to get rid of things that could prove useful for people every time a new operating system comes out.

:)

jemgirl8588, Dec 21, 2018

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile I can't change my name anymore, help please :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Dec 21, 2018
  4. I can't change my name anymore, help please

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

I can't change my name anymore, help please

1. I can't change my name anymore, help please - Similar Threads - can't change name

2. I can’t login my desktop anymore help me please

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can’t login my desktop anymore help me please: I got off my desktop omen 30L last night and saw that I needed to Verify my email and I used a fake email which is should not have so I put my real one and then Verified my account today I wake up to the old email no on my login screen and saying it doesnt exist and i cant...
  3. video thumbnails not showing anymore I need help please.

video thumbnails not showing anymore I need help please.: after using ccleaner my photo thumbnails working but video thumbnails not showing anymore. Can someone PLEASE help me?and I dont wanna use third party app. for this problem I've tried these ones but it still not showing video thumbnails; 1 in my folder options always...
  4. I can't open windows store apps anymore, can anyone help please?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open windows store apps anymore, can anyone help please?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vpg5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlp8zf/i_cant_open_windows_store_apps_anymore_can_anyone/
  5. I can't change my user name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't change my user name: [ATTACH]I've tried many things to change it but the name is unable to be renamed which I'm looking to change I should also add this is for the C:\users folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-user-name/82cec765-5f68-44fc-9a59-49357f341167"
  6. I would like to change the name of my laptop at sign on please.

I would like to change the name of my laptop at sign on please.: I would like to change the name of my laptop at sign on please. The name that appears below the profile picture at sign on. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-change-the-name-of-my-laptop-at/4fa11916-9873-4358-a39b-e3b4ee8714ec
  7. Please help me I cant find my Windows keys anymore!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please help me I cant find my Windows keys anymore!: I have already tried calling Microsoft or they called me, spoke to 3 useless clueless (censored) and then waited in total for 80 minutes to get put through to technical support but no one answered and they had to end the call with their useless they'll call me back...
  8. need help my name is randall piner (pinet) IT help please

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need help my name is randall piner (pinet) IT help please: my home and internet is hacked no matter how many times i buy a new phone it gets run by scamers stealing my money and work 574 371 7677 adress is 2441W 250S lot132 warsaw IN 46580 HELP MICROSOFT PLEASE...
  9. I can't change the names of my USBs.......

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't change the names of my USBs.......: In Windows 7 32bit I gave each of my several USB memories different names. It was all fine also also in my new Win 10 Pro 64 bit on a fresh new desktop. But somehow later, I saw all my USBs names were changed simply to "USB Drive". And when I change them back, the names...
  10. Can't access my pc after I changed it's name

Can't access my pc after I changed it's name: I changed my pc name the windows asked for a restart I did it then my pin and Microsoft account password didn't work i changed the password and used the new one didn't work tried to change the pin after the security code it gives black screen with the mouse and nathing I...