Windows 10: I can't change my name anymore, help please

Discus and support I can't change my name anymore, help please in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I got a Windows 10 laptop about a year ago, and looking at the username I chose at the time I totally regret it now. When I go to Control Panel there... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jemgirl8588, Dec 21, 2018.

1. I can't change my name anymore, help please

I got a Windows 10 laptop about a year ago, and looking at the username I chose at the time I totally regret it now.

When I go to Control Panel there is NO option at all to change it. Is this one of the things that Microsoft removed without any thought?

Also I noticed that Microsoft likes to get rid of things that could prove useful for people every time a new operating system comes out.

:)

jemgirl8588, Dec 21, 2018

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile I can't change my name anymore, help please :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Dec 21, 2018
  4. I can't change my name anymore, help please

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

I can't change my name anymore, help please

1. I can't change my name anymore, help please - Similar Threads - can't change name

2. I can't change my user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my user name: I'm the administrator for my PC and yet when I go to "User Accounts" and select my profile there is nothing in the place that should read "Change User Name." I can't change my user name on this PC. It's set on "User" after reinstalling Windows and it shows my Microsoft...
  3. I can't change my user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change my user name: I'm the administrator for my PC and yet when I go to "User Accounts" and select my profile there is nothing in the place that should read "Change User Name." I can't change my user name on this PC. It's set on "User" after reinstalling Windows and it shows my Microsoft...
  4. I can't change my name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my name: There is also a little globe behind the user. I am the only one in my organization, so I have no clue why I can't change my name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-name/eb85b095-8572-43e2-9d49-c98dc8f05a94
  5. I can't change my name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change my name: There is also a little globe behind the user. I am the only one in my organization, so I have no clue why I can't change my name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-name/eb85b095-8572-43e2-9d49-c98dc8f05a94
  6. I can not update my windows anymore, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not update my windows anymore, please help: My windows version right now is "20H2" I know its old and I tried to update it for a few months now and it never worked.Everytime I try to update it, restarts and all that stuff. Turns on and has that update screen but it either stops after like 50% or it just stops and...
  7. can't change Windows 10 user name - please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't change Windows 10 user name - please help: I tried to search before posting, but didn't see anything that helped. Here is the situation: I have three computers with Windows 10 Pro. All three are signed into Windows using my Microsoft account (as opposed to local accounts). Computer #1 uses the name associated with...
  8. I Can't Change my name

I Can't Change my name: [ATTACH] Why is there no "Change your account name"? https://preview.redd.it/f1iq58cecp661.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=24931129a14b1e284f04107abe815a01110a22f0 submitted by /u/VernabR [link] [comments]...
  9. I need help, i can't change names

I need help, i can't change names: I can't change the name of one of my profile folders. It always says "is is used in a different program at the time, please close the other program first" but there are no other programs running at the moment. I checked with process-explorer and... nothing. How do i deal...
  10. I can't change my user name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't change my user name: [ATTACH]I've tried many things to change it but the name is unable to be renamed which I'm looking to change I should also add this is for the C:\users folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-user-name/82cec765-5f68-44fc-9a59-49357f341167"