Windows 10: I cant change my name on windows

Discus and support I cant change my name on windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I changed my Microsoft account name on the website however it didn't change my name on my actual pc. I also tried opening the control panel and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ovenormitts, May 9, 2020.

1. I cant change my name on windows

I changed my Microsoft account name on the website however it didn't change my name on my actual pc. I also tried opening the control panel and then press manage accounts and then click on my account but the option to change my name never comes up. I am trying to change my name so that when I turn on my pc the name that shows up when I input my pin number is different.

:)

ovenormitts, May 9, 2020

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, May 9, 2020
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, May 9, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

I cant change my name on windows

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile I cant change my name on windows :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, May 9, 2020
Thema:

I cant change my name on windows

1. I cant change my name on windows - Similar Threads - cant change name

2. Cant Change PC name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Change PC name: I changed the name of my computer on windows 11 and i cannot change it at all anymore. i was experimenting and now i cannot change it back. how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-pc-name/35e1b145-0950-44c1-a513-c030ed993122
  3. Cant Change PC name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Change PC name: I changed the name of my computer on windows 11 and i cannot change it at all anymore. i was experimenting and now i cannot change it back. how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-pc-name/35e1b145-0950-44c1-a513-c030ed993122
  4. I want to change my name but...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change my name but...: So essentially I want to change my name back, but I kept getting the captcha wrong for hours on end now. I've looked up ways to solve it and followed advice such as not placing space in between, and so on and so forth, I've asked my friends to help as well and even then they...
  5. Cant change windows 10 account name

Cant change windows 10 account name: i tried changing my windows 10 account name but the button for it doesn't even show up[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-windows-10-account-name/6bad4e8a-503f-4432-934f-546ae786d451
  6. Changed name in registry, cant login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Changed name in registry, cant login: Hi All, My profile name under C drive users was c/users/xyz abc. So basically it had a space between xyz and abc. Yesterday I went into registry and changed the user name to xyz_abc. Now the system has created a new profile and I am unable to find my files. Any suggestions?...
  7. cant change windowsapps folder name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant change windowsapps folder name: i wanted to delete it so i could install gamepass games, but i need to change the name of the folder to be able to delete it. When i try to delete it it says that i need permission from everyone even thought its the only account in my pc. submitted by /u/NachoSeventeen...
  8. I cant change my name.

I cant change my name.: Any name I put in account.microsoft.com it says that 'Sorry - that name includes a word or phrase that we dont allow'. I've refreshed many times and still does not work....
  9. why cant i change my USERS file name in drive C:/

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why cant i change my USERS file name in drive C:/: I made an error when I first set up this pc and now I cant fix it....when I go into c drive and to my users file it wont let me rename the file and I have done a factory fresh reboot and it keeps adding my incorrect name to the same file and I cant change it or find a...
  10. I cant change the name user folder name of my administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cant change the name user folder name of my administrator account: So, im using the windows administrator account without problems, but it seems like windows has changed the name of its folder to something that i dont want. I want to change it back again, but the button to change its name is missing. I have also tried right clicking on it...