Windows 10: I cant change my pin even though I'm in my admin account

Discus and support I cant change my pin even though I'm in my admin account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Theres probably an obvious fix to this and I've been searching for the wrong terms on yt and google but I've been trying to change my pin but it wont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shaboomshabam, Mar 20, 2021.

1. I cant change my pin even though I'm in my admin account

Theres probably an obvious fix to this and I've been searching for the wrong terms on yt and google but I've been trying to change my pin but it wont let me, it keeps saying "something went wrong, click for more" and when I do it talks abt that I need my admin account to change it even though I was logged into it, I even double checked on accounts and control pannel that ny account was an admin

submitted by /u/Shaboomshabam
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shaboomshabam, Mar 20, 2021
  2. C0zzie Win User

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

I cant change my pin even though I'm in my admin account

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

I cant change my pin even though I'm in my admin account

1. I cant change my pin even though I'm in my admin account - Similar Threads - cant change pin

2. Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.: The title says most of it, i checked my account settings and I see no organization signed in. every few weeks it asks me to change my PIN, and idk what to do. I saw someone say 3rd party apps can do that but how do I know which program is doing this?...
  3. Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.: The title says most of it, i checked my account settings and I see no organization signed in. every few weeks it asks me to change my PIN, and idk what to do. I saw someone say 3rd party apps can do that but how do I know which program is doing this?...
  4. Windows saying my pin is wrong even though I never changed it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows saying my pin is wrong even though I never changed it?: So I reccently got my pc to work again, then I go to my account non-admin to enter in my pin. I never changed my pin, but I can't reset it since I don't know my hotmail account. Every attempt I make to retrieve my hotmail account I get denied since I don't email anyone using...
  5. Windows saying my pin is wrong even though I never changed it?

Windows saying my pin is wrong even though I never changed it?: So I reccently got my pc to work again, then I go to my account non-admin to enter in my pin. I never changed my pin, but I can't reset it since I don't know my hotmail account. Every attempt I make to retrieve my hotmail account I get denied since I don't email anyone using...
  6. Cannot change permissions even though I'm the Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change permissions even though I'm the Admin: System Info: Every one of the Administrator permissions have been changed to "Special" and nothing else. Even when I'm logged into the Admin account already tried a new local admin account if there is a "shield" that needs clicked, then I can't get through without...
  7. Cannot change permissions even though I'm the Admin

Cannot change permissions even though I'm the Admin: System Info: Every one of the Administrator permissions have been changed to "Special" and nothing else. Even when I'm logged into the Admin account already tried a new local admin account if there is a "shield" that needs clicked, then I can't get through without...
  8. Cannot change permissions even though I'm the Admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Cant change or delete files, even though im an admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant change or delete files, even though im an admin: Recently, I have not been able to change or delete files on my pc. I have looked it up, and going in to properties of the file and giving myself permissions either doesnt work on some files or the option to change it is grayed out. For example, I tried to move Program...
  10. Can't get all of the Admin privileges even though my account is the Admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get all of the Admin privileges even though my account is the Admin: Hello, I've been searching all around this forum but so far I couldn't stumble upon any proper solution that I need. My problem is the title: The account I am using is an Admin but each time I am trying to install or uninstall anything UAC disturbs me with another...