Windows 10: I can't change my sign-in/lock screen background?

Discus and support I can't change my sign-in/lock screen background? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since I reset my computer a few months ago, I haven't been able to change my lock screen background. I already tried all the regedit and gpedit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ben__TM, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Ben__TM Win User

I can't change my sign-in/lock screen background?

Ever since I reset my computer a few months ago, I haven't been able to change my lock screen background. I already tried all the regedit and gpedit stuff, none of those were the actual problem. I just haven't been able to change it since "some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization". This is a home PC, I don't work for an organization. I've changed my lock screen in the past, but I am suddenly unable to. How can I fix this? And please, "Trusted" Advisors, don't just recite the same old copy and paste as always.

:)

Ben__TM, Jun 24, 2021

2. Changing the background scene on the sign-in screen

Hi,

Windows 10 lets you use the lock screen picture as the background picture of the sign-in screen. For you to change the picture on your sign-in screen, you need to change your
    Lock screen picture first, see steps below:

• Go to the Settings, then Personalization.
    • Under Background section, click on the drop down and choose
      Picture
    • Select Lock screen, under Choose your picture section, click on
      Browse and select your desired picture.
    • Make sure to turn on the Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen option.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jun 24, 2021
  3. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Jun 24, 2021
  4. I can't change my sign-in/lock screen background?

How to change sign-in screen (NOT lock screen) background?

Yes you can change the sign-in screen background.

Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10.

Follow these simple steps below together with these screenshots

from this guide

Step 1: Head over to your Settings and then
    Personalization.

Step 2: Once you’re here select the Lock screen tab and enable the
    Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen option.

If you want to change the background of your sign in screen then you can do that.

All you have to is just:

Step 1: Do you see that Windows Spotlight option? Yeah that gives you all the spectacular background images from various beautiful places in the world.

You can also select Picture or Slideshow if you want your own family photos, or pictures that you simply want to cherish each day by using it as your background on your Windows 10.

Do note that the image that you select here will appear as both your lock screen background and your sign in background.

If you instead want to go with a flat color rather than a background image itself then follow these simple steps:

Step 1: Go ahead and disable the Show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen.

Step 2: Once you have done that, head over to your Settings, then
    Personalization, and then finally Colors.

You can try and experiment with these three options and see what you like. I can't change my sign-in/lock screen background? :)

Let me know how it goes.

Source: 2 Simple Steps to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10 - Saint

jakekovoor, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

I can't change my sign-in/lock screen background?

1. I can't change my sign-in/lock screen background? - Similar Threads - can't change sign

2. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  3. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  4. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  6. Can't change lock screen background image.

Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  7. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't change lock screen background [bug]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change lock screen background [bug]: Hello, Two days ago I noticed that I can't change my lock screen background and it's stuck at this: [ATTACH] I tried on a different user account, I used System file checker, removed some keys in the registry, disabling services, and nothing helps. I don't want to reinstall...
  9. Can't change lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change lock screen background: So basicly i want to change my lock screen background, i did it once and now i can't change it to something else. It keeps on the loading animation but it does nothing.[ATTACH]...
  10. Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing

Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing: Hi, I will try to explain the problem precisely I have the "Show lock-screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled, and they have the same background which is good, but the problem is I can't change the background, I have set the "Background" setting to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i change my pc lockscreen

2. “Showlock screen backgroundpicture on the sign-in screen” doesnt exist