Windows 10: I cant change my sign in PIN

Discus and support I cant change my sign in PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I use a PIN to sign into my computer. Im trying to change it, but in the setting tab anything involving Windows Hello is "currently unavailable" I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dangerbell666, Apr 5, 2021.

1. I cant change my sign in PIN

I use a PIN to sign into my computer. Im trying to change it, but in the setting tab anything involving Windows Hello is "currently unavailable"

I dont want to set up facial recognition. I just want to change my PIN.

:)

Dangerbell666, Apr 5, 2021

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 5, 2021
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

I cant change my sign in PIN

PIN

Hi Matthew,

There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    4. Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows
    without a password for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

I cant change my sign in PIN

1. I cant change my sign in PIN - Similar Threads - cant change sign

2. I keep getting a sign in option to change my pin when I go to sign inn. says my pin cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting a sign in option to change my pin when I go to sign inn. says my pin cant...: I keep getting a sign in option to change my pin when I go to sign inn. It just says that my pin cant be found & to change it . not able to get into laptop at all! So cant access to really do any trouble shooting. Been trying to correct this for weeks. I've tried every...
  3. I keep getting a sign in option to change my pin when I go to sign inn. says my pin cant...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting a sign in option to change my pin when I go to sign inn. says my pin cant...: I keep getting a sign in option to change my pin when I go to sign inn. It just says that my pin cant be found & to change it . not able to get into laptop at all! So cant access to really do any trouble shooting. Been trying to correct this for weeks. I've tried every...
  4. I keep getting a sign in option to change my pin when I go to sign inn. says my pin cant...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I cant change my laptop pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cant change my laptop pin: when i try to change my laptop pin the drop down says "this option is currently unavailable"how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-laptop-pin/69391ff6-62a3-41e0-ad00-88c00b3246c4
  6. I cant change my laptop pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant change my laptop pin: when i try to change my laptop pin the drop down says "this option is currently unavailable"how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-laptop-pin/69391ff6-62a3-41e0-ad00-88c00b3246c4
  7. I cant change my laptop pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Why cant I change my Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant I change my Hello Pin: I've managed to find where to change the pin and have a code sent to my email but once I go to type it in, the pop-up to type it in disappears completely without explanation - not even an error code. I've never been asked to use my Hello PIN until now and really need it but...
  9. cant change PIN

cant change PIN: I'm on an HP pavilion laptop with windows 10. I can't change the PIN. Change and Forgot PIN are unavailable. do i have to update to windows 11? how can i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-pin/95c8bcd2-7d13-4bb3-818a-5080a23951d5
  10. I cannot change my sign-in PIN

I cannot change my sign-in PIN: I was trying to change my PIN but when I go to sign-in option, there is no way I can change my PIN in the setting. My only option is to do it by forget my PIN. I don't want to lose any store or redo everything that connect with the PIN. Is there any other way for me to change...