Windows 10: I can't change permission of this drive.

Discus and support I can't change permission of this drive. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am very new to this administrative permissions so please help me.[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ly Huy, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Ly Huy Win User

I can't change permission of this drive.

I am very new to this administrative permissions so please help me. I can't change permission of this drive. 81f24e89-e8c4-4ec8-bfc3-8612dc4426d7?upload=true.png

:)

Ly Huy, Mar 1, 2019
  2. jdmdriv3n Win User

Change permission to internal hard drive and now cannot access it.

Windows 10

I changed the permission to a second internal hard drive. My exact steps:

1. right click hard drive

2. properties

3. security tab

4. Selected Users from the "group or user names:"

5. Selected deny for "read and execute", "list folder contents", and "read" under "permissions for users"

6. clicked ok

Now I do not have access to the hard drive as administrator or the guest account.

When checking the security properties in an effort to change my mistakes, I see the following.

"you must have read permissions to view the properties of this object"

clicking advance says

"you must have read permissions to view the properties of this object. click continue to attempt the operations with administrative permissions"

clicking continue says

"you do not have permission to view this objects security properties, even as an administrative user. To try to take ownership of the object, which includes permission to view its properties, click change above"

I don't want to cause anymore damage, if anyone can help me, it would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!

jdmdriv3n, Mar 1, 2019
  3. tom acito Win User
    how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

this is for a file... how for a folder and ALL subfolders and files

thanks.

tom acito, Mar 1, 2019
  4. I can't change permission of this drive.

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you trying to give permission to particular files and folders?
    I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps.

• Once you choose the file that you want to give permission, right click on it.
    • Click on properties and go to security tab, check whether any permission have been set.
    • After you have viewed the permissions that are already set, you can now click on the Advanced Button that is right below the "Permissions for Authenticated Users"
    • Once you have clicked Advanced, a box like this should appear, the "Permission Entries" box, which shows all the permissions that are set for the users. Now, after you have spotted the user whose permissions you wish to change, click "Change Permissions.
    • Click on the user you would like to edit, and then click the option that says "Change Permissions" which is right below the box.
    • Once that is clicked, you are going to get the same box pop up, but this time, you can actually edit the options. You do that by clicking the "Administrators" user again, and this time, you are going to click the "Edit" option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

I can't change permission of this drive.

1. I can't change permission of this drive. - Similar Threads - can't change permission

2. Can't change permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change permissions: I just upgraded to Windows 11. I cannot engage Core Isolation. There are seven drivers that block the engagement; when I try to rename/delete them, I'm told I need SYSTEM permission. When I try to change the SYSTEM permission, I'm not allowed to do so. How do I proceed?...
  3. Can't change permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change permissions: I just upgraded to Windows 11. I cannot engage Core Isolation. There are seven drivers that block the engagement; when I try to rename/delete them, I'm told I need SYSTEM permission. When I try to change the SYSTEM permission, I'm not allowed to do so. How do I proceed?...
  4. Drive permissions changed for adminstrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive permissions changed for adminstrator.: Hi,I have removed the permission to read-write edit and access of T drive mistakenly.Need support to re-enable it. I have tried making a new user and giving administrator permissions. Still failed to access from there."Failed to Enumerate Objects in the Container"This is the...
  5. Drive permissions changed for adminstrator.

Drive permissions changed for adminstrator.: Hi,I have removed the permission to read-write edit and access of T drive mistakenly.Need support to re-enable it. I have tried making a new user and giving administrator permissions. Still failed to access from there."Failed to Enumerate Objects in the Container"This is the...
  6. Can't launch game because I can't change permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch game because I can't change permissions: I downloaded a new game recently but it won't launch and it seems like its a permissions issue. However, all permissions options are grayed out and it is not inheriting permissions from the parent folder either so that shouldn't be the issue. That option is greyed out too...
  7. Can't launch game because I can't change permissions

Can't launch game because I can't change permissions: I downloaded a new game recently but it won't launch and it seems like its a permissions issue. However, all permissions options are grayed out and it is not inheriting permissions from the parent folder either so that shouldn't be the issue. That option is greyed out too...
  8. why can't i change permissions on my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why can't i change permissions on my computer.: I have a file, Windows.old. 000 that I want to delete. Windows says I don't have permission. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-change-permissions-on-my-computer/a1497115-6a72-4164-a415-9e09b8c43a59
  9. why i can't change permissions in security tab of my D drive :

why i can't change permissions in security tab of my D drive :: [ATTACH]when i click edit in the security tab of properties of my D drive i can't change permissions of every user so because of that i can't make any change on this drive , i can't even create a new folder....
  10. Change permissions on external drive

Change permissions on external drive: How do I change Permissions on an external hard drive from someone else's laptop? I've connected a friend's hard drive to my laptop via a SATA/USB cable, but can't get access to Users directories....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change permission for windows drive

2. cant change permissions on a drive

3. cant change permission on drive

4. how i can change permission to change in a drive?