Windows 10: I can't change the duration of pictures in Windows 10 video editor

Discus and support I can't change the duration of pictures in Windows 10 video editor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cant change the duration of pictures, no matter what, and I can't select the duration thing and change it, I can only pick one of the pre-loaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomorrowGalaxy, May 7, 2021.

1. I can't change the duration of pictures in Windows 10 video editor

I cant change the duration of pictures, no matter what, and I can't select the duration thing and change it, I can only pick one of the pre-loaded options, but can't put in a different number, even when I edit changed ones, they still won't allow me to change the duration of it. I have done everything that I can think of, but it still won't let me change the duration.

:)

TomorrowGalaxy, May 7, 2021
  2. HAMMERBR0 Win User

Video Editor multiple durations

When I uploaded hundreds of pictures, then added them to the storyboard, there was no way to select all of the pictures and change the durations at the same time. I am trying to create a timelapse video with the duration of each picture at 0.5 seconds,
    not the standard 3 seconds. Pressing ctrl+a did not do the trick nor did right clicking then pressing select all (that was not even an option).

HAMMERBR0, May 7, 2021
  3. windows 10 video editor

Im using Windows 10 video editor. The only problem is its Custom audio. I tried to add some audio of every video, the audio appears fine, but when I put it on the video editor, it can't finished to play the audio even though the duration of the photo
    is not finished. I tried to move the duration of the audio clip, but it doesn't.

redenbrillo, May 7, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

I can't change the duration of pictures in Windows 10 video editor

Change the duration for slideshow in the Photos app

Hello Robert386,

Thank you for writing Microsoft Community Forums.

We can change the duration of pictures individually, but we do not have an option to change the duration of the entire video. So, it’s recommended to change the duration of each picture to increase the duration of the video.

Also, the feature you’ve requested for, is a great one. There may be other users with the similar requirements. However, as for now, this particular feature is unavailable. Hence, I suggest you to post a feedback in the
    Feedback Hub, so that our Developer team can have a look
    into it and include that in the future updates.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 7, 2021
Thema:

I can't change the duration of pictures in Windows 10 video editor

1. I can't change the duration of pictures in Windows 10 video editor - Similar Threads - can't change duration

2. I had videos in the old video editor in Windows 10, but now that the old video editor is no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had videos in the old video editor in Windows 10, but now that the old video editor is no...: I’ve checked all my files but can’t seem to find them. Is it possible for me to re-download the old video editor on my laptop and then will it show my old videos?...
  3. Windows Video Editor Custom Audio Duration Not Changeable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Video Editor Custom Audio Duration Not Changeable.: Hello, I'm using Windows' built-in Video Editor to make a video with sound. But when I added the song in custom audio, the length of it isn't changeable. I restarted my laptop several times, but it still isn't working as it should.Please tell a solution to this....
  4. Windows Video Editor Custom Audio Duration Not Changeable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Video Editor Custom Audio Duration Not Changeable.: Hello, I'm using Windows' built-in Video Editor to make a video with sound. But when I added the song in custom audio, the length of it isn't changeable. I restarted my laptop several times, but it still isn't working as it should.Please tell a solution to this....
  5. Windows Video Editor Custom Audio Duration Not Changeable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Changing brightness of video in Windows Video Editor

Changing brightness of video in Windows Video Editor: Just trying to make my video brighter before I save it using Windows 10 Video Editor, and these are the video editing options I have: [ATTACH] None of them allow me to brighten my video. Am I missing something? Ta, JOE...
  7. Duration of Pictures in Photos Storyboard?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Duration of Pictures in Photos Storyboard?: In Windows 10 Photos App is it possible to edit the duration of playback pictures in a storyboard? Plus are there any help tutorials for this App?...
  8. Windows 10 Photos - Video Project forgets picture order and duration - how do I fix this?

Windows 10 Photos - Video Project forgets picture order and duration - how do I fix this?: I added 10 photos to a brand new video project in Microsoft Windows 10 Photos app, but not matter how many times I save (presumably ctrl+s does that, since no other obvious "save project changes" technique seems to exist), the next time I edit the project, the photos are back...
  9. Change duration of an imported video in Photos App

Change duration of an imported video in Photos App: Hello I've imported photos and a video into my project. The imported video, which is 9 minutes long, only displays for 2 seconds. How do I change the duration? Many thanks...
  10. Windows Video Editor Can't Export

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Video Editor Can't Export: Hello, I'm trying to export a 4 minute video with audio made in the windows 10 video editor. Whenever I try to export it, I get the message "Something happened and we couldn't export your video. Please restart the photos app and try again. Here's the error code in case you...