Windows 10: I can't change the local storage for new apps

Discus and support I can't change the local storage for new apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3je2sv7wv0151.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=bb92c66d577ef69600d65446dbd3302f38938c45 submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rapadura25, May 25, 2020.

1. I can't change the local storage for new apps

/u/Rapadura25, May 25, 2020

2. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, May 25, 2020
  3. Can´t change the default storage drive.

Hello.

I changed the default storage drive (from C: to DI can't change the local storage for new apps :) in "Settings>>System>>Storage, however the Windows continues to install all apps in C: drive. Any suggestion?

HelderCardoso_0707, May 25, 2020
  4. I can't change the local storage for new apps

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 25, 2020
Thema:

I can't change the local storage for new apps

1. I can't change the local storage for new apps - Similar Threads - can't change local

2. I can't change new apps location. Error 0x80070005.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't change new apps location. Error 0x80070005.: I recently subscribed to game pass and tried to install a game.Since i don't have enough space on c: i tried to install it somewhere else,but that didn't work.If i try to change the location for new apps in windows it asks me if i want to "delete other apps" and gives me the...
  3. I can't change the location new apps are saved to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't change the location new apps are saved to: When I try to change the location to my hard drive, it says that there are apps from another device on it and that they have to be deleted. I click yes to delete them, but then it just says that it couldnt change the default location and gives me the error code 0x80070005. I...
  4. Can't change local IP

Can't change local IP: ver 2004, build 19041.330 After losing my internet for no apparent reason, I did a Network reset and rebooted which fixed the problem. A few days after I fired up my AMPPS server and could no longer access any of my local Wordpress sites. I realized the Network reset had...
  5. I can't change back to a Local Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't change back to a Local Account: I need to change my profile on Windows back to a Local Account (after being dragged into it by Microsoft Store). When I try to find the option, there isn't an option where it should be. Microsoft Support is also asking for remote access to my PC (which I said no to). Does...
  6. Can't change where new apps are saved

Can't change where new apps are saved: [ATTACH] The title says it all. Please microsoft do something about it? Bassicly says here that this disk has other apps from another device. To use this disk the other apps need to be deleted first. Continue? If i hit yes this other error pops up. It says that it cant...
  7. Can't change where new apps will save.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change where new apps will save.: Hi, i can't change where new apps will save. It comes up with this error message: [ATTACH] I'm on windows version 10.0.18363, if that helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-where-new-apps-will-save/1638e5e5-783c-4d72-a31d-5b5fbb39fe02
  8. Can't change where new apps are saved

Can't change where new apps are saved: Brief backstory (just in case it's relevant). I recently got a new PC, with an SSD for OS and boot programs. I then took my old hard drive, and popped it into the new tower. Steam picked up the games no problem, and other games I downloaded to the D drive worked just fine....
  9. Can't change where new apps are saved

Can't change where new apps are saved: Hi, so i have xbox gamepass, i tried to get gears 5 and by default is saves the game in SSD and i don't have enough space.I tried to change it to HDD but with no luck.Here is the error:0x80070005, i tried to wait but with no luck....
  10. Can't change to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change to local account: When I try to change to a local account on my 10 machine I get this message "The password you entered isn't complex enough to meet this PC's requirements. Please go back and try a password that contains numbers, letters and symbols" The password does contain letters,...