Windows 10: I can't change the names of my USBs.......

Discus and support I can't change the names of my USBs....... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In Windows 7 32bit I gave each of my several USB memories different names. It was all fine also also in my new Win 10 Pro 64 bit on a fresh new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by newu_873, Nov 24, 2018.

1. newu_873 Win User

I can't change the names of my USBs.......

In Windows 7 32bit I gave each of my several USB memories different names. It was all fine also also in my new Win 10 Pro 64 bit on a fresh new desktop. But somehow later, I saw all my USBs names were changed simply to "USB Drive". And when I change them back, the names return to the simple "USB Drive". I tried to change the names both in Explorer and in the Control Panel > Computer Management > Disk Management. But the issue wasn't resolved. Can anyone help please ??

:)

newu_873, Nov 24, 2018

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile I can't change the names of my USBs....... :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Nov 24, 2018
  4. I can't change the names of my USBs.......

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

I can't change the names of my USBs.......

1. I can't change the names of my USBs....... - Similar Threads - can't change names

2. can't change my microsoft account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't change my microsoft account name: a while back I changed my account name and made a typo. now it is not letting me change it to my real name as it is telling me: "The name your entered isn't permitted. Please enter a different name."...
  3. I can't change my user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my user name: I'm the administrator for my PC and yet when I go to "User Accounts" and select my profile there is nothing in the place that should read "Change User Name." I can't change my user name on this PC. It's set on "User" after reinstalling Windows and it shows my Microsoft...
  4. I can't change my user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change my user name: I'm the administrator for my PC and yet when I go to "User Accounts" and select my profile there is nothing in the place that should read "Change User Name." I can't change my user name on this PC. It's set on "User" after reinstalling Windows and it shows my Microsoft...
  5. I can't change my name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my name: There is also a little globe behind the user. I am the only one in my organization, so I have no clue why I can't change my name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-name/eb85b095-8572-43e2-9d49-c98dc8f05a94
  6. I can't change my name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change my name: There is also a little globe behind the user. I am the only one in my organization, so I have no clue why I can't change my name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-name/eb85b095-8572-43e2-9d49-c98dc8f05a94
  7. I Can't Change my name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Can't Change my name: [ATTACH] Why is there no "Change your account name"? https://preview.redd.it/f1iq58cecp661.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=24931129a14b1e284f04107abe815a01110a22f0 submitted by /u/VernabR [link] [comments]...
  8. I can't change my user name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't change my user name: [ATTACH]I've tried many things to change it but the name is unable to be renamed which I'm looking to change I should also add this is for the C:\users folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-user-name/82cec765-5f68-44fc-9a59-49357f341167"
  9. I can't change my name anymore, help please

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't change my name anymore, help please: I got a Windows 10 laptop about a year ago, and looking at the username I chose at the time I totally regret it now. When I go to Control Panel there is NO option at all to change it. Is this one of the things that Microsoft removed without any thought? Also I noticed that...
  10. Can't access my pc after I changed it's name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access my pc after I changed it's name: I changed my pc name the windows asked for a restart I did it then my pin and Microsoft account password didn't work i changed the password and used the new one didn't work tried to change the pin after the security code it gives black screen with the mouse and nathing I...