Windows 10: I cant change the orientation and the resolution of my display

Discus and support I cant change the orientation and the resolution of my display in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have 2 monitors hooked up to my laptop via a thunderbolt to hdmi splitter adapter. I am able to change the resolution and orientation of the main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the-anime-expert, Mar 13, 2021.

1. I cant change the orientation and the resolution of my display

So I have 2 monitors hooked up to my laptop via a thunderbolt to hdmi splitter adapter. I am able to change the resolution and orientation of the main display but not the secondary one, I also am not able to adjust the refresh rate of the second one(It showing the max. at 30 when its suppoed to be at 60hz). All of the option I mentioned above are grayed out. The windows version is up to date. I am also using default Hdmi cable which should support 4k 60hz

Laptop ,Main monitor , Secondary Monitor, Adapter

submitted by /u/the-anime-expert
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/the-anime-expert, Mar 13, 2021

2. Display orientation has changed in Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that this issue might arise due to the change in the orientation settings in Windows 10 Operating system. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Display.
    • Select Display settings from the list of results.
    • Now choose an orientation to landscape and check if that helps.

Or you may try resizing the windows by pressing
    CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Mar 13, 2021
  4. I cant change the orientation and the resolution of my display

Problem with display orientation

Hi Pave,

The recent Windows update can change your system settings and could've affected the screen orientation of your device. To enable this feature, we suggest that you update your display drivers by following these steps:

• Type in Device Manager on the search box.
    • Press Enter.
    • Click the drop-down arrow for Display adapters.
    • Right-click the driver and Select Properties.
    • Select Diver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Click OK.

You can also visit your device's support website, to check for the latest driver that are compatible on your device.

Do post back should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

I cant change the orientation and the resolution of my display

1. I cant change the orientation and the resolution of my display - Similar Threads - cant change orientation

2. I can't change my Display Resolution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my Display Resolution.: Recently bought a laptop, a Aorus 15G KC to be exact. Had it under a week with no issues until today. Tried booting it up but it wouldn't start, after fiddling with the power button for about 5 minutes it booted but with a noticeably different refresh rate. Tried accessing...
  3. I can't change my Display Resolution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change my Display Resolution.: Recently bought a laptop, a Aorus 15G KC to be exact. Had it under a week with no issues until today. Tried booting it up but it wouldn't start, after fiddling with the power button for about 5 minutes it booted but with a noticeably different refresh rate. Tried accessing...
  4. Cant change my resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change my resolution: Hi!Ive been playing rocket league and out of nothing my PC restarted, now i have resolution 1024x768 instead of mine 2560x1440 and i can change it only to 1280x1024 or 800x600.I tried to restore my PC but dont have restore point even when i have protection on on disc C. :I...
  5. Cant change my resolution

Cant change my resolution: Hi!Ive been playing rocket league and out of nothing my PC restarted, now i have resolution 1024x768 instead of mine 2560x1440 and i can change it only to 1280x1024 or 800x600.I tried to restore my PC but dont have restore point even when i have protection on on disc C. :I...
  6. Cant change my resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I cant change the display resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant change the display resolution: i tried updating the drivers and other stuff it isnt working please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-the-display-resolution/d71ae491-5b09-486e-a0c2-21634e5dad29
  8. I cant change the display resolution

I cant change the display resolution: i tried updating the drivers and other stuff it isnt working please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-the-display-resolution/d71ae491-5b09-486e-a0c2-21634e5dad29
  9. I cant change the display resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. display orientation

in Windows 10 Customization
    display orientation: Display orientation is not editable. How to fix it?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-orientation/f45b7cb1-8a3c-4a90-997f-38676ea8d6bd