Windows 10: I can't change the phone number associated with my Microsoft account. Why?

Discus and support I can't change the phone number associated with my Microsoft account. Why? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I signed up with Microsoft years ago, and for some reason I can't change the phone number on my account. This prevents me from changing the sign-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by x d3ltabravo x, Dec 28, 2021.

1. I can't change the phone number associated with my Microsoft account. Why?

I signed up with Microsoft years ago, and for some reason I can't change the phone number on my account. This prevents me from changing the sign-in information associated with my account. I don't have the same phone number I did when I signed up a long time ago. Getting in touch with Microsoft support seems impossible now. How do I proceed?

:)

x d3ltabravo x, Dec 28, 2021

2. How to change phone number associated with a microsoft account

Hi,

Phone number is one of your security info, which is only used to verify your identity if you're accessing sensitive personal information or if we detect a problem with your account.
    To change the phone number associated with your Microsoft account, we recommend to follow the steps below:

• First, go to the
      Security basics
      page and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Select Update info.
    • Select Add security info. then follow the instructions to enter your email or phone number.
    • We'll send a security code to that new email or phone number. Enter that security code, and press
      Next. Your new security info will appear in you list.

Check this
    link
    for Security info & security codes.

Let us know if you need more help.

Marvelos Reg, Dec 28, 2021
  3. How to change phone number associated with a microsoft account

Hi Vanessa regarding this post I need to use my phone number to change my phone number my last two numbers are the same that the Mc account has but when I go and type the last four digits its no good, I've tried use near digit typos in the numbpad but still,
    is there anything I can do to change my phone number in any other way so i'll be enabled to actually authenticate with my phone

Ramiro ManuelEstevez, Dec 28, 2021
  4. I can't change the phone number associated with my Microsoft account. Why?

How to change phone number associated with a microsoft account

Hi,

You can change the phone number associated with your Microsoft account by going to the Security basics page. Please see
    Add security info in the link, Security info & security codes for the steps.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

I can't change the phone number associated with my Microsoft account. Why?

1. I can't change the phone number associated with my Microsoft account. Why? - Similar Threads - can't change phone

2. Forgot phone number associate with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot phone number associate with Microsoft Account: I wanna login my email microsoft, but i forget my phone number, so i dont get verification code. So i wanna change my number phone now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-phone-number-associate-with-microsoft/9222dd94-629c-4721-8b92-3e6f7066bc04
  3. Forgot phone number associate with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot phone number associate with Microsoft Account: I wanna login my email microsoft, but i forget my phone number, so i dont get verification code. So i wanna change my number phone now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-phone-number-associate-with-microsoft/9222dd94-629c-4721-8b92-3e6f7066bc04
  4. I can't change the phone number of my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the phone number of my account.: I had removed my old telephone number +6017xxxx208 in my account. Then I tried to add my new phone number +6012xxxx752. However, when I entered the new number, it said it had sent a code to the phone. Both phones are with me. But, I did not receive any message from either...
  5. I can't change the phone number of my account.

I can't change the phone number of my account.: I had removed my old telephone number +6017xxxx208 in my account. Then I tried to add my new phone number +6012xxxx752. However, when I entered the new number, it said it had sent a code to the phone. Both phones are with me. But, I did not receive any message from either...
  6. Can't change phone number in my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change phone number in my Microsoft account: I'm using Microsoft Rewards and I reached enough points to redeem a gift card which is the Roblox one. And it came up normally until it ask me to add a phone number to my Microsoft account. I put in my phone number, hit Send code, and wait for the code to arrive at my phone....
  7. Can't change phone number in my Microsoft account

Can't change phone number in my Microsoft account: I'm using Microsoft Rewards and I reached enough points to redeem a gift card which is the Roblox one. And it came up normally until it ask me to add a phone number to my Microsoft account. I put in my phone number, hit Send code, and wait for the code to arrive at my phone....
  8. Can't change phone number in my Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. How do I change my phone number associated with my Microsoft account security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my phone number associated with my Microsoft account security?: I have a new number and I want my old number removed, but there is no Edit or options to do that where my old number is in my Secuity options. Everything I have checked about it still does not tell me how to edit. There is no edit or remove unless I completely remove my email...
  10. I can't change the phone number associated with my Microsoft account. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the phone number associated with my Microsoft account. Why?: I signed up with Microsoft years ago, and for some reason I can't change the phone number on my account. This prevents me from changing the sign-in information associated with my account. I don't have the same phone number I did when I signed up a long time ago. Getting in...