Windows 10: I can't change the primary sign on account Windows 11

Discus and support I can't change the primary sign on account Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been researching this issue for a couple weeks without success.I've always had my PC Originally Windows 10 set up to sign on with no password,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Skridger, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Skridger Win User

I can't change the primary sign on account Windows 11

I have been researching this issue for a couple weeks without success.I've always had my PC Originally Windows 10 set up to sign on with no password, with my primary hotmail account attached. Same hotmail account I use for Xbox, and many other microsoft servicesI have Office 365 installed on the PC.I recently created a hotmail account for my son, which is a child account. Mostly so he can play games on the Xbox with parental controls.Everything was working fine for his account, as well as my PC.One day, I decided to add the child account's email to my outlook 365 so I could monitor if anyt

:)

Skridger, Jun 9, 2023

2. Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

Account help

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Will changing my primary alias cause any changes to microsoft 365 apps(Word, Excel, PowerPoint)

I want to add a new alias to my microsoft account and set it as primary alias. Will this cause any changes to my Windows 11 laptop account? This includes the OneDrive, Microsoft 365 apps, and other services gained by signing in. I just need a list of consequences of changing primary alias

James WoodCS, Jun 9, 2023
  4. I can't change the primary sign on account Windows 11

Change Account Primary Alias

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

By follow the steps below you can login using the alias and not the Microsoft account.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.

• In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

I can't change the primary sign on account Windows 11

1. I can't change the primary sign on account Windows 11 - Similar Threads - can't change primary

2. I can't change the primary sign on account Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the primary sign on account Windows 11: I have been researching this issue for a couple weeks without success.I've always had my PC Originally Windows 10 set up to sign on with no password, with my primary hotmail account attached. Same hotmail account I use for Xbox, and many other microsoft servicesI have Office...
  3. Can't change account primary alias.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change account primary alias.: I have a Microsoft 365 account and am trying to change my primary alias.I have been able to add the correct e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make that address my primary alias, I get the message "that address is already part of your security information."...
  4. Can't change account primary alias.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change account primary alias.: I have a Microsoft 365 account and am trying to change my primary alias.I have been able to add the correct e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make that address my primary alias, I get the message "that address is already part of your security information."...
  5. Can't change account primary alias.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. can't change my primary microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can't change my primary microsoft account: Hello everyone, i have a problem here.recently i got my new computer and i was using my administrator profile and when i tried to use my microsoft store account it suddenly synced to my whole pc which i didn't want it to happen and i can't change it at all is there anyway...
  7. can't change my primary microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't change my primary microsoft account: Hello everyone, i have a problem here.recently i got my new computer and i was using my administrator profile and when i tried to use my microsoft store account it suddenly synced to my whole pc which i didn't want it to happen and i can't change it at all is there anyway...
  8. can't change my primary microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. I can't change my primary Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't change my primary Microsoft account: I have 2 Microsoft accounts on my laptop right now, one is an email and one is a gmail. My laptop is using the gmail one, which my other device doesn't use. I want to switch my laptop to the email one.I want to change my primary Microsoft account, so I have the same account...
  10. Changing the primary windows account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the primary windows account: Hello, I would like to use a different Microsoft account to use on my computer while the new account has the same data as the old one. submitted by /u/xXharryeizardXx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhl7fa/changing_the_primary_windows_account/