Windows 10: I can't change the resolution

Discus and support I can't change the resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop isn't very powerful so I needed to lower the resolution on the games I played, and now I can't change it, I could change the resolution after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DakotaMckenzie, Nov 22, 2019.

1. I can't change the resolution

My laptop isn't very powerful so I needed to lower the resolution on the games I played, and now I can't change it, I could change the resolution after the November update, so I don't know what to try or what to do.

:)

DakotaMckenzie, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 22, 2019
  4. I can't change the resolution

Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

I can't change the resolution

1. I can't change the resolution - Similar Threads - can't change resolution

2. Can't change to 2560x1080 Resolution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change to 2560x1080 Resolution.: Hello there. I have been dealing with an issue for a long time regarding my resolution. I want to change my display resolution to 2560x1080 ultrawide, but I do not get the option to do it. I have tried to fix it, but I've got no idea how. I tried "List All Modes" thing, and...
  3. Can't change to 2560x1080 Resolution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change to 2560x1080 Resolution.: Hello there. I have been dealing with an issue for a long time regarding my resolution. I want to change my display resolution to 2560x1080 ultrawide, but I do not get the option to do it. I have tried to fix it, but I've got no idea how. I tried "List All Modes" thing, and...
  4. Can't change to 2560x1080 Resolution.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I can't change my Display Resolution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my Display Resolution.: Recently bought a laptop, a Aorus 15G KC to be exact. Had it under a week with no issues until today. Tried booting it up but it wouldn't start, after fiddling with the power button for about 5 minutes it booted but with a noticeably different refresh rate. Tried accessing...
  6. I can't change my Display Resolution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change my Display Resolution.: Recently bought a laptop, a Aorus 15G KC to be exact. Had it under a week with no issues until today. Tried booting it up but it wouldn't start, after fiddling with the power button for about 5 minutes it booted but with a noticeably different refresh rate. Tried accessing...
  7. Why can't I change resolution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can't I change resolution?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dolphee99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lobiir/why_cant_i_change_resolution/
  8. Can't change screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change screen resolution: I can't change screen resolution of the laptop it has windows 10 and I think this issue occur after recent 2014 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-screen-resolution/d293169c-dd78-464f-bfb9-f7ff8a6afb79
  9. Can't change resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change resolution: Hey so i recently got and built my pc but my acer 75hz freesync monitor wont turn on when i turn on my pc ive tried hdmi cord and vga cord still wont work but other lower resolution monitors work but im not able to play any games cause how bad the frame rate is ect and it...
  10. Can't change monitor resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't change monitor resolution: During the install Windows 10 chose an incorrect monitor size. It chose a 19" and I have a 25". The resolution is set to 1024x768 nothing is displaying correctly. I need a 1900x1200 resolution but the drop down selector is greyed out and gives me no options other than the...