Windows 10: I can't change the tags of mp3 files.

Discus and support I can't change the tags of mp3 files. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Up to a point everything was fine, and then I suddenly couldn't change anything. I did a clean boot, but it didn't change anything, and then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ira TANTSYURA Irina, Dec 1, 2021.

1. I can't change the tags of mp3 files.

Up to a point everything was fine, and then I suddenly couldn't change anything. I did a clean boot, but it didn't change anything, and then I installed Mp3tag, which let me edit the properties of the file but as a result the file became unplayable.

:)

Ira TANTSYURA Irina, Dec 1, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer

I had a hard time a few weeks ago compiling MP3 files to play on MZD Connect on my Mazda. There were various tagging and data integrity issues which I fixed as below. My approach may be overkill for your needs!

MP3 File Analysis

1. MP3 files store music metadata (ID3 Tags) which can be in several formats. ID3 Tag v2.3 has proven to work with MZD Connect. The ID3 Tags can be converted in iTunes by viewing the tracks in Library / Songs view then selecting File / Convert / Convert ID3 Tags, then select v2.3. An alternative method is listed in step 3 below.
    2. Use the free program Tagscanner TagScanner - The Ultimate Tag Editor to check and edit the MP3 file metadata for artist, album art etc. The same editing can be done in iTunes but Tagscanner is much easier and faster. Check both the artist and album artist fields are completed, the song name & album name are correct, track number & disc number are set and that embedded album art is present for every track. Note multiple tracks can be selected and edited simultaneously.
    3. Check the tags for each music file are correctly set to v2.3 in Tagscanner. Cut the tag then paste it back in the same place to set v2.3 if the incorrect version is set.
    4. Perform a Google image search for the artist and album name to find a JPG file for missing album covers. Save a suitable artwork file size c. 300x300 pixels then add the album art for each track in Tagscanner.
    5. Use free program MP3Test Willkommen auf Shivan's Homepage to quickly check and test for MP3 file errors. Correct any simple errors using Tagscanner.
    6. Use the free program MP3Diags MP3 Diags to perform a detailed check of MP3 files and correct errors. This program has a learning curve and some experience to use. Inexperienced computer users may prefer to skip this step and just rely on step 5 above.

Steve C, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Steve C Win User
    MP3 Tagging software recommendations

Here is the free software I used to sort out the MP3 tags for my Mazda's USB music playback which is very fussy about formats:

1. Tagscanner TagScanner - The Ultimate Tag Editor to check and edit the MP3 file metadata.
    2. MP3Test Willkommen auf Shivan's Homepage to quickly check and test for MP3 file errors. Correct any simple errors using Tagscanner above.
    3. MP3Diags MP3 Diags to perform a detailed check of MP3 files and correct errors. This program has a learning curve and some experience to use.

Steve C, Dec 1, 2021
  4. I can't change the tags of mp3 files.

How to force WMP to always apply/display changes to mp3 tag info?

Sorry for my late reply - I was planning to respond sooner but other things kept coming in the way.

Anyway, how exactly are you checking whether the rating was saved to file? If you use Mp3tag, it should be listed in Extended Tags as a tag called RATING WMP.

I suggest that you uncheck Maintain my star ratings as global ratings in files once again, click Apply, recheck that same setting and click Apply again. Then WMP should ask you if it should export the current ratings in the library to your files, click OK to confirm. Does that help to get the existing ratings saved to your MP3 files?

Also worth checking is what happens when you change a song's rating in the library - does WMP save the new rating to the corresponding file as it should? You may need to use the Apply media information changes command to force WMP to write the rating immediately, as it usually only does this after a while in the background.

Tim De Baets, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

I can't change the tags of mp3 files.

1. I can't change the tags of mp3 files. - Similar Threads - can't change tags

2. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    displaying MP3 and FLAC tags: I can put info into the URL tag but it is not displayed. The comments tag is displayed with Flac files and not with MP3. Contrary to the comments I've seen FLAC fags can be edited with W10....
  3. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    displaying MP3 and FLAC tags: I can put info into the URL tag but it is not displayed. The comments tag is displayed with Flac files and not with MP3. Contrary to the comments I've seen FLAC fags can be edited with W10....
  4. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't change the tags of mp3 files.

I can't change the tags of mp3 files.: Up to a point everything was fine, and then I suddenly couldn't change anything. I did a clean boot, but it didn't change anything, and then I installed Mp3tag, which let me edit the properties of the file but as a result the file became unplayable....
  6. I can't change the tags of mp3 files.

I can't change the tags of mp3 files.: Up to a point everything was fine, and then I suddenly couldn't change anything. I did a clean boot, but it didn't change anything, and then I installed Mp3tag, which let me edit the properties of the file but as a result the file became unplayable....
  7. Mp3 files tag is not showing in windows explorer

Mp3 files tag is not showing in windows explorer: hi. I use win 10 N and windows don"t show mp3 tag in windows explorer. I download this file: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356 x x but I receive error : The update in not applicable to your computer. How I can fix this problem...
  8. MP3 Tagging software recommendations

MP3 Tagging software recommendations: Hello. I used Tag&Rename for mp3 tagging in the past but this program doesn't appear to have been updated in quite some time so I think I will move on to more current software. It seems like mp3Tag, Tag Scanner and Metotogger are the popular tagging programs now. Any specific...
  9. Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer: I'm having a trouble while I try to edit mp3 tags from windows explorer... I don't know why I can't now, I reinstalled windows but I've always was able to edit things such as album or even give the song 5 stars. [ATTACH] That's how how it should be seen, but it doesn't...
  10. Batch Append Mp3 Tags

Batch Append Mp3 Tags: Does anyone know of any software, or hack, or any other way that will allow me to batch append mp3 metadata tags to about 1000 mp3 files. There are 1000 songs, different titles, different artists, different genres. Lets say all of these are pop songs but for whatever...