Windows 10: I can't change time zone on my personal computer. Admin privilege required. I am the only...

Discus and support I can't change time zone on my personal computer. Admin privilege required. I am the only... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This a bit strange and very frustrating. I have been trying to change the time zone on my computer. Every time I try, I receive the following message:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MKatib, Sep 11, 2018.

1. MKatib Win User

I can't change time zone on my personal computer. Admin privilege required. I am the only...

This a bit strange and very frustrating. I have been trying to change the time zone on my computer. Every time I try, I receive the following message:

Unable to continue - You do not have permission to perform this task. Please contact your computer administrator for help!

Now, this is my personal computer and I am the only admin here. I checked my account and it says "Admin". I read many threads on the internet and tried their solutions. they did not work. I have Windows 10 Pro. I am giving up...Any help?

:)

MKatib, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Oster Pro Win User

Can't change time zone despite being admin - Windows 10

For some reason my PC thinks I'm in New Delhi, and I'm stuck at a UTC+05:30 time zone. I've manually changed my time to what it should be (EST) but the difference of time zone still finds ways to be annoying. I've done many things that I thought would help,
    like:

• Make sure my computer's location was set to United States
    • Manually try to change the time-zone, only for it to do nothing in the standard settings
    • Go to additional settings of date and time only for it to tell me that I'm not admin and that I can't change it, even though I am admin
    It's starting to become frustrating. Most websites can't display when some content was uploaded, and some websites like The Guardian flat out refuse to let me connect.

What can I do? Is there some way to become admin-Jesus? I just want to know when people tweeted man.

Oster Pro, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Time Zones

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem, it would be helpful if you could reply to these questions to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

Time Zone will not change automatically while you travel. If you want to change the Time Zone for your computer, you will have to change manually.

Only the live tiles like Weather, News, and Sports have the ability to change with the location.

• Go to control panel.
    • Click on "Clock, Language, and Region
    • Under "Date and Time", click on "Change the Time Zone"
    • Under "Time Zone" click on "Change time zone
    • Under "Time Zone, click the current time zone, and select your actual time zone
      • Click OK and you are done.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 11, 2018
  4. I can't change time zone on my personal computer. Admin privilege required. I am the only...

Time Change with cmd

Hello Hasan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to change the time. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

I can't change time zone on my personal computer. Admin privilege required. I am the only...

1. I can't change time zone on my personal computer. Admin privilege required. I am the only... - Similar Threads - can't change zone

2. Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.: My Windows 10 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  3. Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.: My Windows 10 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  4. I need the admins permission to change the time zone but I AM the admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need the admins permission to change the time zone but I AM the admin: For some odd reason I am unable make changes to my new HP like change the time zone despite being the admin and is very frustrating, I've checked multiple times and I'm still the one and only admin but I still can't access certain things....
  5. I need the admins permission to change the time zone but I AM the admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need the admins permission to change the time zone but I AM the admin: For some odd reason I am unable make changes to my new HP like change the time zone despite being the admin and is very frustrating, I've checked multiple times and I'm still the one and only admin but I still can't access certain things....
  6. Need admin privileges but I am the admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need admin privileges but I am the admin: I am trying to install an app that I know is safe, but windows 10 is blocking me from doing so. It is telling me that the admin is blocking it, though I am logged on to the admin account. I cannot deploy my C# application due to this error. I am on an ASUS laptop...
  7. No Admin privileges but i am admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Admin privileges but i am admin: Hi guys, I am having troubles with my pc,it it been a couple of month i have tried almost everything. My Pc Win 10 home Architecture 64 bit i5/8gb/4gb nvidia 1650 Symptoms •100% gpu usage. •Glitches while playing video. •High temperature without performing tasks....
  8. I can't change my time zone

I can't change my time zone: I am the admin of my computer. I am trying to change my time zone from pacific to Mountain time where I am living, and when I go to change the time zone in the control panel, it reads that only an admin can do this, ask an administrator for help. I have used this computer for...
  9. I can't change time zone

I can't change time zone: Hi, I am using window 10. I moved from US to South Korea, and I want to change time zone at window 10. But whenever I tried to change time zone, window gets back to the US time zone immediately. Any solutions available from previous questions do not work. NEED HELP....
  10. Google Earth won't install - admin privileges required (I am admin)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Earth won't install - admin privileges required (I am admin): Frustrated with admin rights - Please help me. Just purchased new PC - HP Pavilion desktop and upgraded to Windows 10 during installation. I've downloaded Google Chrome as my default search engine with no issues. I've attempted several times to download Google Earth....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change time zone why not privilege

2. windows 10 computer says i dont have privilege to change clock regionyou do not have permission to perform this task.please contact your computer administrator for help.

3. computer is in wrong time zone and I cant change it

4. cant change time zone administrator required