Windows 10: I CAN'T CHANGE what Windows defines as a "High-performance GPU???

Discus and support I CAN'T CHANGE what Windows defines as a "High-performance GPU??? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have 2 GPU: AMD Radeon r5 graphics and AMD Radeon M320. Applications can see both, and the ones that have the config let me change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TopoPlayer, May 18, 2020.

1. I CAN'T CHANGE what Windows defines as a "High-performance GPU???

I CAN'T CHANGE what Windows defines as a "High-performance GPU??? nbJV_oj4IERFtbqZkHy2lGv1YaCs6KS8NMp_XMMK59Q.jpg

I have 2 GPU: AMD Radeon r5 graphics and AMD Radeon M320.

Applications can see both, and the ones that have the config let me change the GPU in the options, working just fine.

But most applications don't have this option.

But since Aprils update, now Windows 10 has an option called the Graphics Settings, that lets you specify if you want to run an app with the "Power Saving GPU", or the "High-performance GPU".

Sadly, Windows doesn't seem to recognize the Radeon M320 as a High-Performance GPU, so as you can see here, this option doesn't work.

https://preview.redd.it/1juh3z463iz...bp&s=0c4fe24957a3279a4587f1586ba7e03d5c1aa7c1

So... Is there any way to change what Windows defines as a "High-performance GPU"? Even if I have to change the registry.

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/TopoPlayer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TopoPlayer, May 18, 2020

2. Change selected GPU in Graphic Settings?

I have 2 GPU:

I CAN'T CHANGE what Windows defines as a "High-performance GPU??? c2d1fe9f-3165-4c17-8877-4e40ce8a4425?upload=true.png

Applications can see both, and the ones that have the config let me change the GPU in the options, working just fine.

But most applications don't have this option.

But since Aprils update, now Windows 10 has an option called the Graphic Settings, that lets you specify if you want to run an app with the "Power Saving GPU", or the "High performance GPU".

Sadly, Windows doesn't seem to recognize the Radeon RX 580 as a High Performance GPU, so as you can see here, this option doesn't work.

I CAN'T CHANGE what Windows defines as a "High-performance GPU??? e355f7aa-a472-4b8b-93de-3652492eb77b?upload=true.png

So... Is there any way to change what Windows defines as a "High performance GPU"? Even if I have to change the registry.

Alvaro Sugueti, May 18, 2020
  3. having issues with multi GPU

I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and
    high performance GPU.

I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no joy, and i’m really hoping one of you guys has an idea they can suggest to sort this!

I can extend onto the second screen no probs with it plugged into the iGPU, but the 1070 is still listed as both power saving GPU and high performance GPU.

Are there requirements for this? certain level of iGPU for it to work?

Thanks

Edit - setting the secondary screen connected to the iGPU to be the "main" display in graphics settings makes my iGPU show as both power saving and high performance GPU, I just can't seem to get them
    to be one and not the other.

GaryDougall, May 18, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

I CAN'T CHANGE what Windows defines as a "High-performance GPU???

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

Thema:

I CAN'T CHANGE what Windows defines as a "High-performance GPU???

1. I CAN'T CHANGE what Windows defines as a "High-performance GPU??? - Similar Threads - CAN'T CHANGE defines

2. How do I change what Windows 10 considers the Power saving GPU and High performance GPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change what Windows 10 considers the Power saving GPU and High performance GPU?: https://i.imgur.com/dgQZdwe.png Despite having two dedicated GPUs in my desktop, the 3080 is both the power saving and high performance gpu submitted by /u/TurnipObvio [link] [comments]...
  3. How to I change which GPU Windows sets as "High Performance" and "Power Saving"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I change which GPU Windows sets as "High Performance" and "Power Saving"?: I have two discrete GPU's, an Intel Arc and a NVIDIA 3080Ti. Windows is always setting the Intel Arc as the High Performance option in Graphics settings even though the NVIDIA 3080Ti is by far the higher performing GPU. Problem is if I let Windows choose which GPU to use it...
  4. How to I change which GPU Windows sets as "High Performance" and "Power Saving"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to I change which GPU Windows sets as "High Performance" and "Power Saving"?: I have two discrete GPU's, an Intel Arc and a NVIDIA 3080Ti. Windows is always setting the Intel Arc as the High Performance option in Graphics settings even though the NVIDIA 3080Ti is by far the higher performing GPU. Problem is if I let Windows choose which GPU to use it...
  5. High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics: On my laptop, my high performance GPU is set as Radeon graphics instead of GTX 1650, and I cannot be bothered to select a specific GPU every time I install something that requires GPU horsepower. Does anyone have a solution to this?Thanks...
  6. High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics: On my laptop, my high performance GPU is set as Radeon graphics instead of GTX 1650, and I cannot be bothered to select a specific GPU every time I install something that requires GPU horsepower. Does anyone have a solution to this?Thanks...
  7. I can't use my high performance GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't use my high performance GPU: I use a laptop, there are 2 video cards, external and internal, external Nvidia GT540M and internal, Intel Hd 3000. I couldn't use my GT540M graphics card, it shows Intel's graphics card as my high performance graphics card. My GT540M graphics card is shown as working...
  8. Cannot switch to high-performance GPU

Cannot switch to high-performance GPU: Using an ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo, Intel UHD 630 and Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, latest drivers through GeForce experience. 32 GB RAM, core i9. Until yesterday I had no problems. Playing CrossCode via Steam, had set it to use the high-performance GPU in Windows Graphics settings....
  9. Changing my High performance GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing my High performance GPU: So, I have two graphics cards 1.AMD Radeon HD 5450High Performance GPU 2.Intel HD Graphics 4400Power Saving GPU It's like this when I first started the PC. The Intel graphics card gives off a better performance than the AMD one. That's why I want to change my Default...
  10. How to set high performance gpu

How to set high performance gpu: How do I set the high performance gpu in windows. I want to set my rx 580 as the high performance gpu but my 570 is set to high performance and I just want to know how to chance it. submitted by /u/JacobDoesLife [link] [comments]...