Windows 10: I can't change where new apps are saved error 0x80070005

Discus and support I can't change where new apps are saved error 0x80070005 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I want to download and install Halo on my PC from Gamepass. When I go to install, I have to pick between my C drive, which doesn't have enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gh2m, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Gh2m Win User

I can't change where new apps are saved error 0x80070005

So I want to download and install Halo on my PC from Gamepass. When I go to install, I have to pick between my C drive, which doesn't have enough space, and my D drive the one I want to install it to. When I click on D drive, it tells me that I can't, because it isn't my default drive for new apps. When I go to switch it in settings, I am told that it didn't work, and also, error 0x80070005. Please help.

:)

2. not being able to change where new apps will be saved to

I am unable to change where new apps will be saved to I keep getting error code 0x80070005 when trying to change where new apps will be saved to

ChrisRose123, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    Mel Tar, Nov 17, 2020
  4. I can't change where new apps are saved error 0x80070005

Error code 0x80070005

Hello Sandra,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • What exactly are you trying to perform prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that Error 0x80070005 is a Windows Update error.

If you are facing this issue while installing the Windows Updates, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Support article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Error 0x80070005 in Windows Update when you try to install updates

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

I can't change where new apps are saved error 0x80070005

1. I can't change where new apps are saved error 0x80070005 - Similar Threads - can't change where

2. Unable to change drive where new apps will save to 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change drive where new apps will save to 0x80070005: Hello, I recently reset my C drive and reinstalled windows Got a new drive. I would like to uninstall my old GamePass games and switch to that hard drive as the default install for new games. Changing the settings in Windows presents me with this error: [ATTACH] When I...
  3. error 0x80070005 change where new content is saved

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    error 0x80070005 change where new content is saved: having some trouble changing drive to save some download apps and games, from default drive C to D even attempting to change drive properties of C: It seems TrustedInstaller limits users to edit various permissions required to run basic task such as 'change where new...
  4. Cannot change drive where new apps are saved, error code 0x80070005.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change drive where new apps are saved, error code 0x80070005.: I had to wipe my PC last night because of performance issues that I encountered, however now that I have successfully reset it, I cant install games from Xbox Game Pass because I cant change the drive which new apps will download to in settings. When I try to do so, it says...
  5. "New apps will save to" 0x80070005

"New apps will save to" 0x80070005: Getting this issue, already tried every solution I could including: Renaming the WindowsApps file, deleting the WindowsApps file, deleting all existing windows files on said drive, and a bunch of other solutions I found that didn't work. What else can I do to fix this, I'm...
  6. Can't change where new apps are saved

Can't change where new apps are saved: [ATTACH] The title says it all. Please microsoft do something about it? Bassicly says here that this disk has other apps from another device. To use this disk the other apps need to be deleted first. Continue? If i hit yes this other error pops up. It says that it cant...
  7. Can't change where new apps will save.

Can't change where new apps will save.: Hi, i can't change where new apps will save. It comes up with this error message: [ATTACH] I'm on windows version 10.0.18363, if that helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-where-new-apps-will-save/1638e5e5-783c-4d72-a31d-5b5fbb39fe02
  8. Can't change where new apps are saved

Can't change where new apps are saved: Brief backstory (just in case it's relevant). I recently got a new PC, with an SSD for OS and boot programs. I then took my old hard drive, and popped it into the new tower. Steam picked up the games no problem, and other games I downloaded to the D drive worked just fine....
  9. Can't change where new apps are saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change where new apps are saved: Hi, so i have xbox gamepass, i tried to get gears 5 and by default is saves the game in SSD and i don't have enough space.I tried to change it to HDD but with no luck.Here is the error:0x80070005, i tried to wait but with no luck....
  10. Can't select other partition in "Change where new content is saved" (0x80070005)

Can't select other partition in "Change where new content is saved" (0x80070005): The issue is connected to Xbox Beta app. At least it originated there and spread. I have one HDD drive split to two partitions (C - system, D - the rest). I decided to move the games from Xbox Beta app to drive D. I've changed it succesfully, but in the process my drive was...
Tags: