Windows 10: I can't change Windows Defender Firewall settings in services

Discus and support I can't change Windows Defender Firewall settings in services in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm trying to fix my Windows defender, Cortana, Microphone, etc. because a virus damaged my computer. I deleted the virus with Mcafee and fully scanned... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tuğrul Yılmaz, Feb 23, 2021.

1. I can't change Windows Defender Firewall settings in services

I'm trying to fix my Windows defender, Cortana, Microphone, etc. because a virus damaged my computer. I deleted the virus with Mcafee and fully scanned my pc with Mcafee and Gridinsoft and the pc is clean. I tried millions of solutions to repair windows defender, microphone and etc. None of them worked so I tried to download windows 10 from the media creation tool, which just stucks at %0 forever. And I tried to fix this by following these instructions: Cause/solution of: Media Creation tool stuck at 0 % - Microsoft Community but while going along with instructions I encountered this problem:

I can't change Windows Defender Firewall settings in services 4cfed1ec-c8e8-4c5b-941d-27b8115c101d?upload=true.png

I couldn't change settings most of them are greyed out. I don't want to restore my pc to the earliest checkpoint.

Sorry for the grammar mistakes, I'm not English. I couldn't find any solutions from the community that uses my language.

:)

Tuğrul Yılmaz, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

I can't change Windows Defender Firewall settings in services

1. I can't change Windows Defender Firewall settings in services - Similar Threads - can't change Defender

2. Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...: Hello,I am running a Lenovo Thinkpad T480 under Windows 11 latest update, i.e. 2022-04 Cum Update. I use Windows Defender antivirus and I would like to turn on Microsoft Defender Firewall. However, the option to turn it on is greyed out and I have an error message : "This...
  3. Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...: Hello,I am running a Lenovo Thinkpad T480 under Windows 11 latest update, i.e. 2022-04 Cum Update. I use Windows Defender antivirus and I would like to turn on Microsoft Defender Firewall. However, the option to turn it on is greyed out and I have an error message : "This...
  4. windows defender firewall can't change some of your settings error code 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender firewall can't change some of your settings error code 0x800706d9: I am facing multiple problems and I need help1- search is not working at all i rebooted many times nothing happens and tried to troubleshoot but it didn't fix the problem2- windows defender firewall is not working and its services' status is always starting and actually never...
  5. windows defender firewall can't change some of your settings error code 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender firewall can't change some of your settings error code 0x800706d9: I am facing multiple problems and I need help1- search is not working at all i rebooted many times nothing happens and tried to troubleshoot but it didn't fix the problem2- windows defender firewall is not working and its services' status is always starting and actually never...
  6. Windows Defender firewall advanced settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender firewall advanced settings: Hello! In Windows Defender firewall advanced settings 1. Is inbound and outbound rules the same as ports? 2. The programs with the green button / activated, are they blocked or allowed by the firewall? Thanks in advance for replying Best regards 179783
  7. Can't access advanced settings in Windows Defender Firewall.

Can't access advanced settings in Windows Defender Firewall.: This happened after I installed a Windows update. First I couldn't turn on Firewall and I used Malwarebytes Support Tool to fix that. Then I couldn't access the advanced settings or really everything that requires administrator privilege. I have administrator privilege but...
  8. Setting Up Windows Defender Firewall

Setting Up Windows Defender Firewall: Good Day How do I configure Windows 10 firewall to either allow or disallow individual programmes to access the internet. Allow an app through firewall in Firewall and Network protection does not list the individual programmes that are installed on the computer...
  9. Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings

Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings: I got a notification at the bottom of the screen on my desktop computer saying Firewall had been turned off click here to fix. It opened up Windows Defender Firewall under Control Panel. But I can't get anything to work. Click on "use recommended settings", nothing happens....
  10. Windows Defender Firewall settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Firewall settings: Which apps should I allow to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall in my Windows settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-settings/3be59eb4-93ed-4fdf-9a67-1954fab82cc4