Windows 10: I can't click left an right on the touchpad

Discus and support I can't click left an right on the touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a new laptop but I can't shoot while I am aiming in the game because it doesn't let me click both left and right at the same time is there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Masterchiefpro4, May 22, 2020.

1. I can't click left an right on the touchpad

I got a new laptop but I can't shoot while I am aiming in the game because it doesn't let me click both left and right at the same time is there any way to fix this?

:)

Masterchiefpro4, May 22, 2020

2. Left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked

Hi,

I realize that you want the left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    You can configure the mouse settings for left hand and set the touchpad for normal use.

Follow these steps to configure the mouse settings:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Devices and then click on Mouse and Touchpad.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 22, 2020
  3. Touchpad Left- and Right-Click Not Working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following question:

Did you log in to the system using a standard user account or an administrator user account?

In order to make changes in Device Manager you MUST be logged on as an administrator.

After logging in to the administrator Account, I would suggest you first try updating the driver.

Follow the steps to update the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Find the relevant Touchpad driver and right click on it.

• Select Properties and then go to the Driver Tab. Click Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    If this doesn't solve your problem, you have to uninstall and then reinstall your driver in compatibility mode.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Find the relevant Touchpad driver and right click on it.

• Select Properties and then go to the Driver Tab. Click Uninstall.

• Restart the computer and check.
    Now go to your manufacturer's website and re install the driver in compatibility mode.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 22, 2020
  4. I can't click left an right on the touchpad

Scrolling up + down (left +right) via touchpad, does no longer work.

Hi Levi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We understand your concern and would suggest you to update the Touchpad drivers as the initial troubleshooting steps and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager
    • Locate Touchpad drivers, expand, right click and click on Update.

If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to uninstall
    and re-install the Touchpad drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website and download the
          Driver’s setup file for your computer.

• Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.

• Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

• Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
          Uninstall.

• If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.

• Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
          right click, then select Properties.

• Select Compatibility Tab.

• Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

• Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, May 22, 2020
Thema:

I can't click left an right on the touchpad

1. I can't click left an right on the touchpad - Similar Threads - can't click left

2. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  3. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  4. How do I change the right-click on Windows 10 touchpad laptop no left-click / right-click /...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the right-click on Windows 10 touchpad laptop no left-click / right-click /...: I have a Windows 10 HP laptop which only has a touchpad, and no right - click, middle - click or left-click keys. For a right - click to register, I have to press the lower-right part of the touchpad or tap the touchpad with 2 fingers.I find both of these inconvenient for...
  5. How do I change the right-click on Windows 10 touchpad laptop no left-click / right-click /...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the right-click on Windows 10 touchpad laptop no left-click / right-click /...: I have a Windows 10 HP laptop which only has a touchpad, and no right - click, middle - click or left-click keys. For a right - click to register, I have to press the lower-right part of the touchpad or tap the touchpad with 2 fingers.I find both of these inconvenient for...
  6. Right click only works with bottom left corner of touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click only works with bottom left corner of touchpad: Hi, I upgraded to windows eleven recently and I found I could only right click with the bottom left corner of the touchpad The right click on the touchpad just left clicks . I dug around in settings, and found this: but turning it off just means I can only right click with a...
  7. Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse: I have a Surface Pro 7 which is about 3 months old along with an Arc Touch mouse purchased at the same time. I have been experiencing an intermittent, strange problem that starts and stops on its own. Right-clicking either the mouse or the touchpad acts like a left click....
  8. Right and left clicking on touchpad do not work

Right and left clicking on touchpad do not work: My HP Pavilion laptop 15 - cd0xx - was recently updated to windows 10. The touchpad will not do any right or left clicking. I have downloaded and installed the lasted drivers from HP and I have checked to ensure its enabled in settings. Its still not working. Any advice...
  9. Audio Icon can't be clicked(left/right)

Audio Icon can't be clicked(left/right): Hello, I am on Win 10, 1803(Ver) on 64bit OS ,x64 processor. I have Conexant SmartAudio Audio driver installed for microphone and speaker. I can't seem to click the Speaker icon in the task bar, right or left. I noticed this issue when I couldn't set "Hey Cortana". I have...
  10. Can't right click using touchpad

Can't right click using touchpad: Hi, I'm having trouble with my moms PC (Acer laptop). Right clicking is not working, but left click is working fine. I went to the trackpad settings and first checked that "Use two fingers to right click" was checked, and it was. Then I tried checking the other option...