Windows 10: I can't click on anything in the start menu

Discus and support I can't click on anything in the start menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jq910 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inynd0/i_cant_click_on_anything_in_the_start_menu/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jq910, Sep 6, 2020.

1. /u/jq910 Win User

I can't click on anything in the start menu

/u/jq910, Sep 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 6, 2020
  4. I can't click on anything in the start menu

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

I can't click on anything in the start menu

1. I can't click on anything in the start menu - Similar Threads - can't click anything

2. Clicking start menu dont do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking start menu dont do anything: I clicked on my start menu but it wont open. It is opening earlier and I just locked the computer and the problem started after turning it on. Shortcut key on the keyboard dont do anything as well....
  3. Clicking start menu dont do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking start menu dont do anything: I clicked on my start menu but it wont open. It is opening earlier and I just locked the computer and the problem started after turning it on. Shortcut key on the keyboard dont do anything as well....
  4. Clicking start menu dont do anything

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Start Menu can't be clicking: I have a lot of client they come with issue the can't do any left click activities start menu, all icon on the bar and another issue I see it comes with this issue outlook and OneDrive losing the license and the user account doesn't have Info icon to sync the AD policies...
  6. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu can't be clicking: I have a lot of client they come with issue the can't do any left click activities start menu, all icon on the bar and another issue I see it comes with this issue outlook and OneDrive losing the license and the user account doesn't have Info icon to sync the AD policies...
  7. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My sister computer start menu has darkening and I can't click anything in it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sister computer start menu has darkening and I can't click anything in it: Can anyone explain why this happen and how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sister-computer-start-menu-has-darkening-and-i/abcc4ad3-693e-4d53-9599-fc0a29423bd7
  9. I can't click on anything in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't click on anything in the start menu.: Hello, I had this problem in Windows 8 and 8.1 as well, so i figured with the new ten I'd actually try to get this fixed. Before, it didn't bug me as much. Before the update i simply wiped my computer just like i did before 8.1 so that it could install faster and not have to...
  10. Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu: Good day. I have an HP notebook with Windows 10 and yesterday I noticed that when I tried to open any programs from the taskbar, nothing happened. I clicked on the Start Menu also, nothing again. Even if I wave my mouse on the taskbar/Start menu. The icons don't light...