Windows 10: I can't click some area above my taskbar because there is a hidden box

Discus and support I can't click some area above my taskbar because there is a hidden box in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After I updated to windows 11, I found this hidden box. The box rarely appears, but it's annoying because I can't click anything in that area. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DaffaHF, Dec 5, 2021.

1. DaffaHF Win User

I can't click some area above my taskbar because there is a hidden box

After I updated to windows 11, I found this hidden box. The box rarely appears, but it's annoying because I can't click anything in that area. How do I do know the apps/process that executed that box? Thank you

:)

DaffaHF, Dec 5, 2021
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Dec 5, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Dec 5, 2021
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Win taskbar

Hi,

We'd like to know if you still need further assistance. If yes, feel free to update this thread. If in case that you'd like search bar or box on your taskbar
    to be hidden, this option possible. You can have your search box hidden on your taskbar by following these steps:

• Right-Click on the taskbar or Cortana.
    • Hover your mouse over Cortana, then select
      Hidden.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

1. I can't click some area above my taskbar because there is a hidden box - Similar Threads - can't click area

2. I can't click some area above my taskbar because there is a hidden box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't click some area above my taskbar because there is a hidden box: After I updated to windows 11, I found this hidden box. The box rarely appears, but it's annoying because I can't click anything in that area. How do I do know the apps/process that executed that box? Thank you...
  3. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't right click taskbar: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  4. Can't click on some things on taskbar and keyboard not working sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't click on some things on taskbar and keyboard not working sometimes: There are certain things on the taskbar that I cant click on, the windows start menu, the type here to search bar, and the WiFi, Bluetooth etc and the other side if the screen. When I click on them nothing happens. When I click on HP support assistant and email the message...
  5. Can't click on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click on taskbar: Hello Bit of a strange one this - I can click on my start button, type in the search bar and right click on the blank space to open up the tool bar etc, but I can't click on the calendar/clock, notification button or right click on the buttons for Chrome, Spotify etc....
  6. White box appears right above OneDrive icon in taskbar after left clicking on it.

White box appears right above OneDrive icon in taskbar after left clicking on it.: Hi all, I've recently had a problem with my Elitebook 840, and haven't been able to find a solution online. Several days ago, I clicked on my OneDrive icon in the bottom right of the taskbar, and a white box appeared above it, which I couldn't get rid of. I restarted my...
  7. How to remove gray box above taskbar

How to remove gray box above taskbar: I suddenly have a gray box above the taskbar that I can't seem to remove. No clue what I did to make it appear and can't figure out how to get rid of it either! I've restarted the laptop and reinstalled Chrome - I'm at a loss. Can anyone help?...
  8. I can't see some things in my taskbar

I can't see some things in my taskbar: I have a little boy, sometimes I lend him my computer to play, he always moves things, I don't know what he did but I can't see the date and time anymore...
  9. Huge menu above search box

in Windows 10 Support
    Huge menu above search box: Hi I have just upgraded Win10 to Version 1909 Build 18363.418 and have suddenly got this huge menu which pops up when I select the search box. It coveres nearly half of the screen. I have no idea what it is called. I seems some users got something similar with the last...
  10. Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons

Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons: I have a Surface Laptop 1st gen. Backstory: my keyboard and touchpad stopped working, and to fix that I had to install the driver/firmware package provided by Microsoft for the Surface laptop. Now my keyboard and touchpad work, but I'm having this other strange problem. I...