Windows 10: I can't click windows button, open setting, notification and type something in search Box

Discus and support I can't click windows button, open setting, notification and type something in search Box in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, i got very unpleasant with latest update in my windows 10 OS. I 1 I was clicking windows button in left bottom area on the screen or clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gito1987, Nov 21, 2020.

1. gito1987 Win User

I can't click windows button, open setting, notification and type something in search Box

Hi, i got very unpleasant with latest update in my windows 10 OS. I

1 I was clicking windows button in left bottom area on the screen or clicking windows button on keyboard, nothing happened,

2 can not type any word in search box

3 can not open setting using windows key + "I"

4 can not open notification

5 can not open Powershell

i try to restore with previous update, but it didnt recognize with my microsoft account password

few thing i did with success, those just opening task manager, device manager and all the program on desktop and taskbar

:)

gito1987, Nov 21, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Search boxes inside windows not working

Hi there kmint

Have you tried typing letters from the keyboard after clicking on the search box?
    Sometimes my cursor doesn't show the writing cursor (blinking straight line) until I start typing.

Do you have the same problem when using the search button/box from the task bar?

You could also try to enable this setting to 'force' a search in the window from just using the keyboard:

• File > Change folder and search options > View
    • Scroll down until you see 'When typing into list view'
    • Choose 'Automatically type into the Search Box'
    • Then 'Apply'

ellellell1, Nov 21, 2020
  4. I can't click windows button, open setting, notification and type something in search Box

Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

I can't click windows button, open setting, notification and type something in search Box

1. I can't click windows button, open setting, notification and type something in search Box - Similar Threads - can't click button

2. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it: The tray also randomly appears, even when in a fullscreen application. It seems to be consistent and always refreshes when it appears. I tried using the Virtual Agent and the Troubleshooter, with no success. I have no idea what caused this, it started randomly yesterday, and...
  3. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it: The tray also randomly appears, even when in a fullscreen application. It seems to be consistent and always refreshes when it appears. I tried using the Virtual Agent and the Troubleshooter, with no success. I have no idea what caused this, it started randomly yesterday, and...
  4. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Cortana
  5. Can't type in some of Windows Search boxes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't type in some of Windows Search boxes.: So I've been having a problem where I can't type in certain search boxes.For example the one on the side of the Start menu or in the definitions menu and many others images for the examples.I did the "Index and search" troubleshoot and it told me that it was not working, then...
  6. Windows Search Box Is not Opening When I Click it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Search Box Is not Opening When I Click it: I cannot open Windows Search box. When I click it, nothing shows up as if I didn't click the search box. I tried everything on internet but it didn't work. What can I do?...
  7. Start button, search box, and settings wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button, search box, and settings wont open: As stated in the subject, when I click the start button, it does not open. When I click into the search box, nothing happens. I also cannot get to the settings. So how do I fix this issue?...
  8. Can't type in windows settings and search box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type in windows settings and search box: So I've noticed that I couldn't type anything in the windows search box and windows settings at all. I also can't seem to switch typing language, as the button for it is no longer there. I've tried restore health and Scannow. It found and fix corrupt files but didn't solve...
  9. Can't type in windows 10 search Box

in Cortana
    Can't type in windows 10 search Box: After the update of windows 10 I can't type in the search box. I tried a lot of method to fix this problem,but they doesn't work. Please tell me some solution to fix this problem....
  10. Why can't I search in the "Type here to search" box?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I search in the "Type here to search" box?: Hello My computer have Windows 10, and recently I found out that, I can type in the "Type here to search" box, but there nothing coming up... its really annoying. I don't know what to do? Hope you guys can help me ;...