Windows 10: I cant close a Not-Responding App

Discus and support I cant close a Not-Responding App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One of the apps in my computer I have Windows 10 became non-responding i.e. it is frozen and says Not Responding at the top. I have tried to close but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FernandoCastro30, Jun 18, 2020.

1. I cant close a Not-Responding App

One of the apps in my computer I have Windows 10 became non-responding i.e. it is frozen and says Not Responding at the top. I have tried to close but I cant. I have clicked on the x on the top right corner and tried alt+F4, it does not go away. I tried the "Task manager", the app says Suspended but I cannot resume it. I tried to end the task tnothing happens. I tried running cmd as administrator and closing the app but it says "access denied".

:)

FernandoCastro30, Jun 18, 2020
  2. DPM2009 Win User

Microsoft default Apps: "Stopped responding (and was closed)"

Upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

The problem with error reports on non responding Apps is not new to me; Windows 8.1 had them too- a lot.

Apps are slow to start but do work and create an error report in the background, which can be found in the Reliability Monitor, reporting: "Stopped responding [and was closed]". Eventually, apps will start and work normally.

However, the problem persists in Windows 10. Apps include (not exhaustive):

• Store
    • Calculator
    • Film & TV
    • Weather
    • Money
    • Get Office
    Is this known and is there a way to fix this?

Cheers,

Dave

DPM2009, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Microsoft default Apps: "Stopped responding (and was closed)"

Hi Dave,

Thanks posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 18, 2020
  4. I cant close a Not-Responding App

Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

I cant close a Not-Responding App

1. I cant close a Not-Responding App - Similar Threads - cant close Responding

2. Driver settings not responding and not closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver settings not responding and not closing: Hi everyone.Lately I have had many problems with my pc after it sort of broke after an update.The main thing I care about is the fact that when I open the driver settings they freeze and refuse to close.Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!...
  3. Driver settings not responding and not closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver settings not responding and not closing: Hi everyone.Lately I have had many problems with my pc after it sort of broke after an update.The main thing I care about is the fact that when I open the driver settings they freeze and refuse to close.Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!...
  4. I cant close this window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant close this window: When I open my laptop early this morning this window was here and I cant close it, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-close-this-window/f916301e-cdce-4d10-8e82-6aead27d953e
  5. I cant close this window

I cant close this window: When I open my laptop early this morning this window was here and I cant close it, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-close-this-window/f916301e-cdce-4d10-8e82-6aead27d953e
  6. I cant close a error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant close a error: Dear microsoft imployiess, there is a error that i cant closewindows 11Everytime i press on the X there is always a new error with a new tabPlease fix this issue.ThanksHave a great day.Tim und finn :D...
  7. I cant close a error

I cant close a error: Dear microsoft imployiess, there is a error that i cant closewindows 11Everytime i press on the X there is always a new error with a new tabPlease fix this issue.ThanksHave a great day.Tim und finn :D...
  8. Apps "Not Responding"

Apps "Not Responding": After an automatic update I wasn't able to print. A support person kindly had me remove a couple KB updates and install the latest Windows update and I was again able to print. HOWEVER, now all of my apps are slow, and after a few opens, saves, closes, each app fades and...
  9. apps not responding

apps not responding: After an automatic update I wasn't able to print. A support person kindly had me remove a couple KB updates and install the latest Windows update and I was again able to print. HOWEVER, now all of my apps are slow, and after a few opens, saves, closes, each app fades and...
  10. Windows 10 default apps/store apps instantly closing or not responding at all to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 default apps/store apps instantly closing or not responding at all to...: Let me explain the circumstances here, because it seems the circumstances are not at all similar to anyone else at all. I have seen other threads that have ALMOST the same issue, but never quite exactly like mine, along with how they got to where they were at. I was...