Windows 10: I can't connect a wired controller to windows 10

Discus and support I can't connect a wired controller to windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I bought a wired Xbox One controller to play Minecraft on windows 10 because I can't play with the keyboard, but whenever I try to connect it to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by [LKCR], Jul 7, 2020.

1. [LKCR] Win User

I can't connect a wired controller to windows 10

So I bought a wired Xbox One controller to play Minecraft on windows 10 because I can't play with the keyboard, but whenever I try to connect it to my PC it won't connect. It doesn't even power up and it's not an issue of age because it's a brand-new controller. My friend did the same thing and his is working fine, neither of us knows what the problem could be. Help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

[LKCR], Jul 7, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Xbox One Controller Wired Connection Registers as Generic Controller

Hi Trey,

Using a micro-USB cable is one way on how you can connect your Xbox One Controller to a Windows 10 PC. Once connected, it will install the most current drivers needed for your controller. Regarding your concern, have you tried using another micro-USB
    cable? If not, we suggest that you uninstall first the current driver for your Xbox One Controller on your computer, restart, and then connect the controller using another USB cable.
    There's a possibility that it affects the computer to get the correct driver for your controller.

If your Xbox One Controller still treated as the generic controller, we recommend that you manually install the driver by performing the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
    • Once Device Manager opens, locate and right-click Xbox One Controller.
    • From the menu choose Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller on the list and click
      Next
      to install it. If you can’t locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller driver, you might have to uncheck
      Show compatible hardware option.

Let us know if that works for you.

Ariel Acu, Jul 7, 2020
  3. zally33 Win User
    wired internet controller

When I upgraded from win 8 to 10 my wired internet controller is gone and can't connect through wire

anyone have a valid solution?? please help

zally33, Jul 7, 2020
  4. I can't connect a wired controller to windows 10

Wired xbox 360 controller is unable to connect to Windows 10 computer.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not able to connect your wired Xbox 360 to your Windows 10 PC.

A quick question before we proceed:

Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the article below and check f it helps:

Set up your Xbox 360 controller for Windows:

Xbox Support

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works,
    or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

I can't connect a wired controller to windows 10

1. I can't connect a wired controller to windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't connect wired

2. My PS4 controller won't connect with windows, WIRED.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PS4 controller won't connect with windows, WIRED.: When I wire my PS4 controller to the pc, it flashes one orange light that would indicate charging, and then turns black, and it stays like that. Earlier today it was the same, but eventually i got a security popup for DS4, i said yes and it worked. How can I fix this...
  3. My PS4 controller won't connect with windows, WIRED.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PS4 controller won't connect with windows, WIRED.: When I wire my PS4 controller to the pc, it flashes one orange light that would indicate charging, and then turns black, and it stays like that. Earlier today it was the same, but eventually i got a security popup for DS4, i said yes and it worked. How can I fix this...
  4. ps5 controller wired not connecting on my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ps5 controller wired not connecting on my pc: hello,i just brought a new ps5 controller and i ps5 charge and play USB cable today and i plugged it into my pc and waited for the pop up saying the drivers are being downloaded but it never pupped up and i've had the ps5 controller plugged into my pc for 20 minuets nowso i...
  5. Wired Controller Connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Controller Connection not working: Hello,I am currently using a DS4 Duelshock 4 Controller, and it is connected through a cable into my pc. Light comes on signalling that it is charging, it comes up in "Devices and Printers" but still wont give an input. As well as that I have another DS4 controller that isn't...
  6. Wired Controller Connection not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Controller Connection not working: Hello,I am currently using a DS4 Duelshock 4 Controller, and it is connected through a cable into my pc. Light comes on signalling that it is charging, it comes up in "Devices and Printers" but still wont give an input. As well as that I have another DS4 controller that isn't...
  7. Wired Controller Connection not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Connecting xbox controller wired to pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting xbox controller wired to pc: I have seen another thread with this issue and am having the same thing. I connect with a cable to my pc but it only vibrates for a sec and doesn't turn on. I know the usb cable and port works because I have tested it. I have checked in device manager and went to show hidden...
  9. Xbox 1 controller not connecting wired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 1 controller not connecting wired: Please help i need help connecting my Xbox controller to my PC as it wont connect even with a wire and I don't know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-1-controller-not-connecting-wired/9239c29c-8128-4af7-a9ec-a73fa3d04824
  10. wired connection windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wired connection windows 10: i am trying to setup a wired connection on my laptop using windows 10 i connected my laptop to my wirless router using an eathernet cable its not setup how do i do...