Windows 10: I can't connect my Bluetooth controller to my PC without having to enter a pin on the...

Discus and support I can't connect my Bluetooth controller to my PC without having to enter a pin on the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The title says it all, it came with a 2.4G wireless dongle, but that won't work with Rocket League. So I'm trying to connect it via Bluetooth. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackViner, Dec 27, 2018.

1. JackViner Win User

I can't connect my Bluetooth controller to my PC without having to enter a pin on the...

The title says it all, it came with a 2.4G wireless dongle, but that won't work with Rocket League. So I'm trying to connect it via Bluetooth. It's detected by my PC, but it comes up as an "input device" with the picture of a keyboard. So it's clear that's what Windows thinks it is.

Is there any way to disable the requirement to input a pin? Because I obviously can't enter it on what windows detected as a PS3 controller.

:)

JackViner, Dec 27, 2018

2. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Dec 27, 2018
  3. XBOX Wireless Controller - Enter the PIN for XBOX Wireless Controller

My XBOX Wireless controller was connecting fine over Bluetooth until 21/12/2017. But on 22/12/2017 when i tried to connect, it is presenting the screen asking to enter PIN. This was not the case earlier and i do not know which PIN to enter.

The Bluetooth drivers seems to be pretty much updated.

Please suggest on this issue as it is really irritating not able to connect my wireless controllers to Windows 10.

I can't connect my Bluetooth controller to my PC without having to enter a pin on the... cb8ee6e3-ca26-4e46-b575-9c1cca50b1c8.png

Naresh.Jmu, Dec 27, 2018
  4. I can't connect my Bluetooth controller to my PC without having to enter a pin on the...

Xbox one s controller needs a pin

Hi Elijah,

One possible reason as to why you're being asked to enter a PIN code is due to an outdated device driver. For us to determine the root cause, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you trying to connect the controller via a wired or wireless?
    • Have you made any changes to your device before encountering this issue?
    • Have you tried connecting a different controller on your Windows 10 PC and check if the same issue occurs?

The default PIN codes are "0000"and "1234". We suggest that you try those combinations. You may also
    find the PIN on the accessory itself.

If you're connecting the controller via Bluetooth, kindly run the Bluetooth troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Select the Start button, then select
      Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.

We also recommend running the devices and driver troubleshooter. See
    Microsoft Easy fix solutions
    and look for Find and fix problems with devices and driver.

Catherine Cus., Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

I can't connect my Bluetooth controller to my PC without having to enter a pin on the...

1. I can't connect my Bluetooth controller to my PC without having to enter a pin on the... - Similar Threads - can't connect Bluetooth

2. I can't reset my PIN without internet but I can't connect to internet without signing in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reset my PIN without internet but I can't connect to internet without signing in...: Hi, recently my desktop broke down and I had to buy a new one. I put my hard drive from my old PC into the new one and I tried to sign in, but it told me that I had to reset my PIN to sign in. However, I'm unable to access any sort of internet because it's a new PC and I...
  3. I can't reset my PIN without internet but I can't connect to internet without signing in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't reset my PIN without internet but I can't connect to internet without signing in...: Hi, recently my desktop broke down and I had to buy a new one. I put my hard drive from my old PC into the new one and I tried to sign in, but it told me that I had to reset my PIN to sign in. However, I'm unable to access any sort of internet because it's a new PC and I...
  4. Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?: So I was messing around with the settings and decided to add my other MS account. It asked for a Hello PIN, but I didn't remember it so I tried random numbers. After some time I logged out.Now, when I'm trying to log back in, it says: "You've entered an incorrect PIN too many...
  5. Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?: So I was messing around with the settings and decided to add my other MS account. It asked for a Hello PIN, but I didn't remember it so I tried random numbers. After some time I logged out.Now, when I'm trying to log back in, it says: "You've entered an incorrect PIN too many...
  6. I can't connect my xbox one controller to my PC via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't connect my xbox one controller to my PC via bluetooth: It just keeps diconnecting about 10 seconds after I connect it. Been trying to fix the issue for quite a long time. Would appreciate some help. submitted by /u/Doomaz [link] [comments]...
  7. I can't connect my xbox one controller to pc via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't connect my xbox one controller to pc via bluetooth: I bought an xbox one controller last week and it connected to my pc perfectly. I updated the firmware and everything was going well. I turned my pc next morning and the controller didn't pair automatically, so I removed the controller from the list and tried to reconnect it,...
  8. I can't connect my controller to my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't connect my controller to my PC: I've been having trouble all day trying to figure this out. I've tried a PS4 controller, and an Xbox One controller. I plug them in and they light up but other than that nothing happens. I've tried adding devices while they're plugged in and they're not showing up. I've tried...
  9. Can't connect Bluetooth speaker to my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect Bluetooth speaker to my pc: Hello Experts i can't connect my speaker to my Pc i have windows 10 also i tried to connect to my Iphone and work without any problem any helps will be appreciate...
  10. I want to enter my pc without placing the pin or password as disabling that step

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to enter my pc without placing the pin or password as disabling that step: I want to enter my pc without placing the pin or password as disabling that step https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/1a8e1ab5-6aa7-4242-8064-cae43b8bdf9d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whenever i connect my controller viabluetooth my wifi is bad

2. cant connect bluetooth controller

3. cant connect bluetooth controller to pc