Windows 10: I cant connect my xbox controller to my PC in anyway possible.

Discus and support I cant connect my xbox controller to my PC in anyway possible. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've recently transitioned to PC gaming, but I hate to use keyboard and mouse so I want to use my Xbox controller and I am not willing to replace it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Origins Silver, Mar 5, 2019.

1. I cant connect my xbox controller to my PC in anyway possible.

I've recently transitioned to PC gaming, but I hate to use keyboard and mouse so I want to use my Xbox controller and I am not willing to replace it. I have tried everything to connect it, blue tooth and wired, I even purchased a wired controller and that did not work. I still have my console and my controller is up to date, so is windows. I tried to connect my SNES mini to soft mod it. But the PC just powered it instead, I've looked through all settings. Any help or have I missed something in settings?

:)

Origins Silver, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Darshan J Win User

Connecting Xbox to PC

Hello,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which version of windows is running on your system?

Suggest you to follow below steps and check if you are able to connect your Xbox to your Computer.

• Sign in to your Xbox Live account using your Microsoft login credentials
    • Verify that your Xbox One is connected to the same network as your Windows PC
    • Power on your Xbox One.
    • Press the “Menu” button on your Xbox controller and select “Settings.”
    • Select “Preferences” and place a checkmark next to “Allow streaming to other devices.”
    • Connecting Xbox and PC.
    • Click on “Connect” on the Xbox app on your Windows 10 PC
    • Select the name of your Xbox One console
    • Connect an Xbox One controller to your PC using a USB cable
    • Click on “Stream,” then select the Xbox game you want to play on your PC
    • Click on “Play from console”.
    If you are looking for more information on Xbox, you can post your query in dedicated Xbox forum for better assistance. Refer to the link below which guides you to Xbox forum.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/connect-xbox-360-console-tv

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Xbox One Controller Wired Connection Registers as Generic Controller

Hi Trey,

Using a micro-USB cable is one way on how you can connect your Xbox One Controller to a Windows 10 PC. Once connected, it will install the most current drivers needed for your controller. Regarding your concern, have you tried using another micro-USB
    cable? If not, we suggest that you uninstall first the current driver for your Xbox One Controller on your computer, restart, and then connect the controller using another USB cable.
    There's a possibility that it affects the computer to get the correct driver for your controller.

If your Xbox One Controller still treated as the generic controller, we recommend that you manually install the driver by performing the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
    • Once Device Manager opens, locate and right-click Xbox One Controller.
    • From the menu choose Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller on the list and click
      Next
      to install it. If you can’t locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller driver, you might have to uncheck
      Show compatible hardware option.

Let us know if that works for you.

Ariel Acu, Mar 5, 2019
  4. I cant connect my xbox controller to my PC in anyway possible.

Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

I cant connect my xbox controller to my PC in anyway possible.

1. I cant connect my xbox controller to my PC in anyway possible. - Similar Threads - cant connect xbox

2. Why I cant remove and connect my xbox controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why I cant remove and connect my xbox controller: Im trying since yesterday using older and the newest drivers available to connect my xbox controller because I connected it on an xbox and now I cant reconnect it to my computer. I tried to remove the device but it shows me all the time remove failed. I managed to remove it...
  3. Why I cant remove and connect my xbox controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cant remove and connect my xbox controller: Im trying since yesterday using older and the newest drivers available to connect my xbox controller because I connected it on an xbox and now I cant reconnect it to my computer. I tried to remove the device but it shows me all the time remove failed. I managed to remove it...
  4. Why I cant remove and connect my xbox controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox 360 controller cant connect to my laptop

Xbox 360 controller cant connect to my laptop: i have been going through the feedbacks given to this problem but i still receive the message that the device is not recognized. can i have the link to download and install the latest drivers for xbox 360?...
  6. I can’t connect my xbox controller to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t connect my xbox controller to PC: When i plug in my Xbox controller to PC there is no message or anything. I have tried everything and still can’t use my controller on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-my-xbox-controller-to-pc/1cb8b5aa-4757-44af-93ae-bd7a124820fc
  7. I can’t connect my xbox controller to PC

I can’t connect my xbox controller to PC: When i plug in my Xbox controller to PC there is no message or anything. I have tried everything and still can’t use my controller on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-my-xbox-controller-to-pc/1cb8b5aa-4757-44af-93ae-bd7a124820fc
  8. Xbox Controller not connecting to my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Controller not connecting to my PC: I have tried using a DualShock4 controller and a Xbox One controller with multiple different cords and using multiple USB ports. Nothing seems to work. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager. I've tried updating drivers in the device manager. I've completely recovered my PC...
  9. my Xbox controller cant connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Xbox controller cant connect: I have the wireless Xbox Controller Adapter for windows 10 when i held the xbox button it starts to flash for a sec and at the same time the adapter also flashes 1sec i think its connected but it always disconnects in a few sec steam is closed and i dont even have the...
  10. I cant connect my Xbox One Controller to my PC via Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant connect my Xbox One Controller to my PC via Bluetooth.: I recently took my controller to an event, and when I got back, the searching for device screen doesn't show my xbox controller. I have tried everything I possibly can: xbox support, restarting both, changing batteries, restarting bluetooth, etc. I am out of ideas and am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant connect my xbox controller to my pc