Windows 10: I cant connect to network drives

Discus and support I cant connect to network drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; it was working back on 10049 and then i updated to 10051 and it still was working fine. but recently i did a fresh install and now i can re add a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xdarkmario, Apr 12, 2015.

1. I cant connect to network drives

it was working back on 10049 and then i updated to 10051 and it still was working fine. but recently i did a fresh install and now i can re add a network device

i have a "New" Nintendo 3ds and i cant setup the MicroSD management which requires you to add it as a network drive

like \\N3DS

in the network tab i can see it but when i click it it says

windows cannot access \\N3DS

error code 0x80070035
    the network path was not found
    upon clicking troubleshooting the problem says
    the remote device or resource wont accept the connection..

can i fix this?

:)

xdarkmario, Apr 12, 2015

2. Unable to connect to all Network Drives. How can I stop it happening.

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

Is the machine added to the domain?

If it is on a domain, then, your query would be better suited in the TechNet forum. Please post your query by following this link:

Technet forums

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 12, 2015
  3. Unable to connect to all Network Drives. How can I stop it happening.

A green notice Unable to connect to all Network Drives appears and stays despite all attempts to remove.

How can I stop it happening.

Original title: Network Connection Notice

GeraldGittens, Apr 12, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

I cant connect to network drives

Shot in the dark . . . I've been having trouble with Internet since 10041 and this morning . . .

Go to Device Manager and see if your "Bluetooth" shows to not be working properly. I updated mine and I'm finally back in good business.

Wynona, Apr 12, 2015
  5. linw Win User
    I've now got the same problem with 10049. It was getting to my NAS 4 days ago but since then it can't see a darn thing except itself. It seems to be a name server problem. The command, net view, comes up with nothing.

I have another desktop with 10041 on it and it is networking fine. A difference I can see is that the 100041 has 'NetBIOS over Tcpip' enabled (seen with ipconfig /all) whereas 10049 has it disabled.

The problem is compounded by the inability to alter the properties of the NIC in 10049. I have tried a couple of command line 'fixes' to no avail.

Pretty frustrating, especially as it was accessing the NAS up to four days ago.

Sorry I couldn't help you but at least you are not alone!!

Maybe peeps with a working network could check whether their NetBIOS over Tcpip is enabled and reply.

TIA.

6. linw Win User
    Things have improved after rebooting both routers. I can see other shared resources but I have a problem with my NAS so I will have to investigate further.

As an aside, turned off NetBIOS over Tcpip on my 10041 system and it still was able to see shares. Net view list blank.

7. i also tried at my workplace and i cant connect to any to any network PC's or servers

xdarkmario, Apr 14, 2015
  8. linw Win User

Just turned my 10041 machine on and it now can't see the NAS! Pretty frustrating trying to figure out what it is that is causing the problem with the MyBookLive. Being Linux may have something to do with it??

Oh, well, just have to hope the networking gets better in the next release.

9. linw Win User
    Are you seeing the shares? Do you get error messages when trying to connect?

10. Yep,I can see the network devices just fine but I can't connect

xdarkmario, Apr 17, 2015
  11. linw Win User
    Let's hope the next release solves your issues. Mine is OK now, but don't know what the problem was I had earlier.

12. badrobot Win User
    Have you tried updating firmware on your WD?
    How did you fix it?

badrobot, Apr 18, 2015
  13. linw Win User

Yes, certainly checked the WD version. It updates itself, anyway.

Not sure what fixed my sharing problem. It was OK up till 11 Apr so I restored my machine back to 7 Apr and all came right. So it must have been something altered in my PC - weird that it only affected the NAS, though.

Anyway, all backups to the NAS are going fine again.

14. cipher7 Win User
    I'm seeing the same issue here. All of my Synology NAS shares haven't been reachable by my Windows 10 clients for a couple of weeks. I should add that this issue only exists for me over wireless connections. As well, my other windows server shares seem ok so this seems to be isolated to Synology shares (Linux\Samba?) only for me. Also, if I connect using an Ethernet cable then the shares are available again.

As others have mentioned, this is difficult to fix/troubleshoot given we don't have access to the Network Properties of our connection.

I've experienced this on an Asus N53SV Laptop and Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. I had to restore my SP3 to Windows 8.1 as I needed wireless access to the shares from one of these clients.

Finally, I only run released builds and have upgraded to each new one as they've been released. Hopefully, a fix or new build will take care of this issue as a re-install from an ISO would take me a while given all my required apps.

cipher7, Apr 19, 2015
  15. linw Win User
    Welcome to the forum, cipher. My main machine is cabled and now is fine with the NAS but I also have an older Toshiba laptop (win 10049 ISO install) on wifi and it is not seeing the NAS. I thought it was seeing it a few days ago, though!

A lot of us are keen to see the next release! Hopefully the network/sharing code will be in better shape.

Thema:

1. I cant connect to network drives - Similar Threads - cant connect network

2. cant connect to this network problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant connect to this network problem: when i try to connect with my wifi router the wifi on the pc says that it cannect to the network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-this-network-problem/d4d67410-51b8-4bbe-8011-6e5de95bfb6e
  3. I cant connect to a network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant connect to a network: I have hp laptop that have wifi device Ranlink RT3290 802.11bgn and i cant connect to my home network i tried to reset the drliver and the router and nothing help...
  4. I cant connect to a network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant connect to a network: I have hp laptop that have wifi device Ranlink RT3290 802.11bgn and i cant connect to my home network i tried to reset the drliver and the router and nothing help...
  5. I cant connect to a network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. "Cant connect to this network'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Cant connect to this network': Every single time I try to connect to my internet it says "Cant Connect to this network" I can connect my internet to my phone fine but I can connect to my internet someone please help submitted by /u/Realitsgameboyplay [link] [comments]...
  7. Cant Connect to this Network

Cant Connect to this Network: Is there a permanent fix to "can't connect to this network" error? I have tried the troubleshooter, forgetting the network, updating the driver and even a hard reset on my laptop. ASUS Vivobook Max x541na Realtek 8821ae wireless Thank you in advance....
  8. CANT CONNECT TO THIS NETWORK

CANT CONNECT TO THIS NETWORK: Cant connect to this network error. I have tried the troubleshooter, forgetting the network, and downloading the latest bios drivers and there is still a problem with my internet. It disconnects after thirty seconds of being connected and has been occurring for the past...
  9. “Cant connect to this network” error

“Cant connect to this network” error: Hello, I own a Windows 10 Dell laptop, and am having problems with connecting to my home wifi network. It just occurred this morning that I noticed that I didn’t have any wifi. I located my network, and I tried connecting, but it said “Can’t connect to this network.” I tried...
  10. Cant connect to this network

Cant connect to this network: When I try to connect to the wifi on my pc, I get "Cant connect to this network error" My drivers are up to date. Help would be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-this-network/73294056-1c13-4d06-87b0-1ec604574fc3