Windows 10: I can't connect to Unsecured network

Discus and support I can't connect to Unsecured network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I go to coffee house and look at available networks, the unsecured network of coffee house shows up with a shield symbol. I can't connect to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jigneshjsoni, Jan 25, 2017.

1. I can't connect to Unsecured network

When I go to coffee house and look at available networks, the unsecured network of coffee house shows up with a shield symbol. I can't connect to this network.
    I have been using this network for 2 years and suddenly it appeared with this symbol.
    Everyone else can connect to this network
    I can connect to secured network in my home
    It seems something in my laptop configuration has changed. I cant figure out whats that.
    I am attaching image of unsecured network as below. Its "Hidden Network" displaying at bottom as open with shield symbol

I can't connect to Unsecured network [​IMG]

Please suggest, what does this symbol mean and how can I connect to unsecured network.

Thanks

:)

jigneshjsoni, Jan 25, 2017

2. Lumia 550

I can't connect to internet when I am away from home. I don't want to connect to unsecure networks like at McDonalds, I am able to connect to my home network.

HaroldSargeant, Jan 25, 2017
  3. Narshe Win User
    Can't Connect To Secure WiFi

I'm trying to connect to a secure WiFi and it doesn't work. I get the error "Connection unsuccessful. Your phone couldn't reach the Wi-Fi network <my network>."

I've tried with a g and an n network and can't get on. It will connect to unsecured networks just fine though.

Is there a fix for this?

Narshe, Jan 25, 2017
  4. eddie563 Win User

I can't connect to Unsecured network

select network settings, under your wifi connections find Manage wifi settings. ensure your settings are as you would expect. scoll to the bottom and you should be able to manage known networks. select the coffee shop network and select forget.

this should allow you to set up your connection again from new.

eddie563, Jan 25, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    Why don't you ask the owner. It is possible that they disabled it because of abuse. Asking where the problem is, works a lot better than asking random people on the Internet. Most likely the "Hidden Network Secured" is the real connection. The other is probably a disabled Guest Account, or both are Honey pots.

bro67, Jan 27, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    This is not a problem with them. It is most likely that they disabled it because of abuse. The OP needs to talk to whoever is working at the Coffee Shop if they have disabled it for abuse. Showing the SSID hidden could mean anything. It could be a Honey Pot, could be a wifi mesh network for utility monitoring.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I can't connect to Unsecured network

1. I can't connect to Unsecured network - Similar Threads - can't connect Unsecured

2. WIndows 11 restricting internet to unsecure network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 11 restricting internet to unsecure network: I was staying at a Comfort Suite in USA and was unable to connect to their WIFI since i got a alert network not secure from Windows Defender.Both Laptops are windows 11 and i could get around it my wife was able to use her Apple Tablet and connect.I could see the network and...
  3. WIndows 11 restricting internet to unsecure network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 11 restricting internet to unsecure network: I was staying at a Comfort Suite in USA and was unable to connect to their WIFI since i got a alert network not secure from Windows Defender.Both Laptops are windows 11 and i could get around it my wife was able to use her Apple Tablet and connect.I could see the network and...
  4. I can't connect to this network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't connect to this network: I have a problem with my internet for about 1 week. I connect to my computer and everything works perfectly fine, but then the internet on my computer shuts down. When trying to reconnect to the network, I receive a message that "I cannot connect to this network", when trying...
  5. I can't connect to network.

I can't connect to network.: In my device error 0x800704cf is occurring and when i am try to solve it by troubleshooter it says diagnostic policy service not running and when is try to solve that, then pc says access denied. I also activated my windows but it is saying i haven't do that. So pls help me....
  6. Unsecure site

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unsecure site: Dear support. I was browsing on my phone on Chrome and i got this message when accessing a site: And pressed "back to safety" at once. Is there still something to worry about? [ATTACH]...
  7. Unsecure WiFi connection used at home I rent a room in

Unsecure WiFi connection used at home I rent a room in: I rent a room in a house with six other tenants. The owner of the place includes internet in the rent but the connection doesn't require a password. Is it safe to connect to it? How do I protect my data? Do I need a VPN? Wth is that? -haha- Thanks in advance!!...
  8. Unsecure Connection

Unsecure Connection: Hello During the last couple of days when I try to connect to sites, this error message is coming up saying 'Your connection is unsecure'. I am therefore unable to connect to anything. Hope someone can help. Thankyou...
  9. Win 10 Automatically connecting to unsecured WiFi

Win 10 Automatically connecting to unsecured WiFi: Hello, I have taken my Surface Pro (2017) into work recently, and it has a habit of connecting to any unsecured connection in range. I have never connected to these signals on this device, and I don't have any plans to connect to these unsecured WiFi connections. However,...
  10. I can't connect to a particular network

I can't connect to a particular network: This has been driving me mad for days, I cannot connect to one particular network in Win10 as it always shows "no internet access" and diagnose tells me that "one or more network protocols is missing" and other times it tells me there was a problem with the access point and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant connect to this network unsecure network