Windows 10: I can't copy data from Excel into a Word document

Discus and support I can't copy data from Excel into a Word document in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last spring I needed to incorporate spreadsheet data in a Word 2016 document. Specifically, I tried to copy a row of numbers into a column in a table... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alfred_bowman, Jul 10, 2019.

1. I can't copy data from Excel into a Word document

Last spring I needed to incorporate spreadsheet data in a Word 2016 document. Specifically, I tried to copy a row of numbers into a column in a table in the Word document. It failed. Then I copied those numbers into Notepad and arrayed them in a column. I was able to copy that column into the Word table. Now I am trying to do the same thing. It doesn't work. What happens is that the first number in the Notepad column is repeated in the entire column in the Word document. I'm baffled with no idea where the problem is located. Can anyone help?

:)

alfred_bowman, Jul 10, 2019
  2. heavenlee Win User

Import Data from Excel Cell to Word 2007

Not by copy / paste ... I'm looking to import data automatically from a cell in Excel 2007 to my word document. ie [G:\HRSC\Organization\Reporting\HRSC Statistics.xls] Sheet4!$I$53 to go to a specific location in my Word document.
    My boss likes his data in narrative form but the spreadsheet must remain for other people to have easy data access. So if I want my word 2007 document to say we have 5500 calls per day, that information would come from [G:\HRSC\Organization\Reporting\HRSC Statistics.xls] Sheet4!$I$53 so every time I update that location in my excel sheet i can then open my word document and it will reflect the changes automatically.
    Any help at all would be greatly appreciated as I've been trying to figure this out for days. Thanks.

heavenlee, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

Have the same problem, here are my conditions:

- Windows 10 Professional x64.

- Office 2007 Ultimate.

- Opening Word and Excel documents is slow when Word/Excel not currently open/running.

- Opening the Word/Excel document with Word/Excel already open is fast/normal.

Solution is the same as reported:

1) Disable Cortana.

2) Restart Windows.

Step 2 is very important.

wayne_9901, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

I can't copy data from Excel into a Word document

New Document Inspector for Excel, PowerPoint, and Word

Source...

Brink, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

I can't copy data from Excel into a Word document

1. I can't copy data from Excel into a Word document - Similar Threads - can't copy data

2. How to Copy Data from Protected Excel Sheet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Copy Data from Protected Excel Sheet: I received a password-protected Excel on my Windows 10 computer, and I do have access to view the sheet, but I am unable to copy and paste any of the data. I have tried a few methods including right-clicking, copying and pasting, and even using a third-party software, but...
  3. How to Copy Data from Protected Excel Sheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Copy Data from Protected Excel Sheet: I received a password-protected Excel on my Windows 10 computer, and I do have access to view the sheet, but I am unable to copy and paste any of the data. I have tried a few methods including right-clicking, copying and pasting, and even using a third-party software, but...
  4. How to Copy Data from Protected Excel Sheet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  6. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  7. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Reopening Word/Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reopening Word/Excel Documents: I was just wondering if there's a way to get programs such as Word or Excel to re-open your documents/files you had open before shutting down. I typically have anywhere from 4 to 12 word documents open and I don't shut down my computer anymore because it's a hassle to reopen...
  9. Announcing data import from PDF documents into Excel

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing data import from PDF documents into Excel: We are excited to announce a new and exciting update to Get & Transform Data capabilities in Excel – PDF data connector! This has been one of the top requests from you and we heard you. With the new From PDF connector you can connect to PDF files, and use the...
  10. Making Labels in Word with Excel document

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Making Labels in Word with Excel document: Hello, I'm trying to make raffle tickets in Word2016. I have the tickets created and designed how I would like dimension-wise. I have created a "label" mail merge which successfully duplicated all the tickets. I created an Excel2016 file with the numbers 100-350 and saved...