Windows 10: I can't copy old Onedrive files to a new OneDrive folder

Discus and support I can't copy old Onedrive files to a new OneDrive folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Things have gotten messed up with my Documents folder. To be careful, I copied all of the files in my old OneDrive folder to a backup folder. Then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by trippap, Aug 12, 2019.

1. trippap Win User

I can't copy old Onedrive files to a new OneDrive folder

Things have gotten messed up with my Documents folder. To be careful, I copied all of the files in my old OneDrive folder to a backup folder. Then I uninstalled OneDrive, cleaned up the user shell entries in the Registry, and reinstalled OneDrive. It downloaded the files from cloud storage, but there are files that were in my old Documents folder, which now live in the backup folder, that are not in OneDrive. If I try to copy them into the new Documents folder in OneDrive, I receive an error that the file cannot be copied because the cloud file provider is not running. Apparently, the file is tagged to indicate it was stored in OneDrive (old instance). How can I free up the files that were once tied to OneDrive so I can copy them into my new Documents folder?

:)

trippap, Aug 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Aug 12, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Yeah it's amazing how many people put their shit on places like Onedrive and such and all so concerned about privacy.

AsRock, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. I can't copy old Onedrive files to a new OneDrive folder - Similar Threads - can't copy old

2. Copy/Print List of Folders on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy/Print List of Folders on OneDrive: I'm trying to get a list of file folders on OneDrive to print. I just need the folder names, not any subfolders or files. I'm on Windows 11. Is there a way to do this?...
  3. Onedrive -Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive -Copy: I decided to sync my files with Onedrive, it had finished but I had new applications on my PC with a blank icon. It was suspicious, but I doubt that's going to be any concern. Next to some of the applications copy these were the preinstalled things it had "-copy" and still...
  4. Copying files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files from OneDrive: When I try and copy 100 MB of files from OneDrive to another drive, if the destination drive does not have 200 MB of space twice the size of the files to be copied, Windows will tell me there is not enough room to copy the files.After the files are copied, they only take up...
  5. Copying files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files from OneDrive: When I try and copy 100 MB of files from OneDrive to another drive, if the destination drive does not have 200 MB of space twice the size of the files to be copied, Windows will tell me there is not enough room to copy the files.After the files are copied, they only take up...
  6. Copying files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I can't access my OneDrive files after moving OneDrive folder

I can't access my OneDrive files after moving OneDrive folder: I thought I moved my OneDrive files from drive C drive to drive D drive simply by moving the folder. I reinstalled Windows on drive C, which created a new OneDrive folder. I then tried to move the files from the older OneDrive folder on drive D but they all have gray X's on...
  8. Onedrive File Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive File Folder: There us a file folder named OneDrive under C:\users\my name. I've no idea where if came from unless it was very early in my use of W10 when I explored OneDrive. I can't remove it because I keep getting messages about administrative privileges. Can someone tell me what the...
  9. Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive

Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive: When I installed OneDrive, I found that I have hundreds of duplicate files ending in "- Copy.*" These occur in the original folders and also the OneDrive folders. How do I delete all of the copies? Will this continue to occur?...
  10. OneDrive Copies

OneDrive Copies: Hi I've got all of my documents from c:\users\<<name>>\Documents copied to OneDrive, together with my music and pictures folder. I've noticed that there is also, on my C: drive, a folder c:\users\<<name>>\OneDrive - which ALSO has copies of the documents, pictures and...