Windows 10: I cant copy or paste files to my pc using the phone link app.

Discus and support I cant copy or paste files to my pc using the phone link app. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to move some meme files from my phone to my pc using phone link.. My phone connects fine and I can see the files no problem.. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gamingoldman983, Nov 28, 2023.

1. I cant copy or paste files to my pc using the phone link app.

I am trying to move some meme files from my phone to my pc using phone link.. My phone connects fine and I can see the files no problem.. The instructions I read say I should be able to just drag and files from the phone to the pc using the myfiles app on my phone.. But it wont let me drag the files at all.. Next I tried left clicking to try to copy and paste but when I left click it just takes me back to the previous folder that I was in before getting into the pictures folder.. The only other option is at the bottom of the screen it has a copy option.. So I select a file and click copy.. Bu

:)

Gamingoldman983, Nov 28, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Link to Windows: Copy on Android, Paste to PC

With the new setup there isn't a settings options to allow copy/paste to/from PC. So, I can only view it from my PC now???

Does anyone know how to enable this (it used to be a thing)? I want to copy from my phone to the pc.

* Who knows if I'm in the right directory since Link to Windows isn't listed!

Miller3796, Nov 28, 2023
  4. Arul_D Win User

I cant copy or paste files to my pc using the phone link app.

Copying files from Phone to PC

Hello Pradeep,

Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps, please provide the following information.

• When you say “its not copying to my PC” what exactly happens when you click on paste?

• Do you get any error message or error code?

• Is this issue specific to a particular files?

• Did this same occurs when you try to connect a different phone?
    I look forward to your reply for further assistance.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

I cant copy or paste files to my pc using the phone link app.

1. I cant copy or paste files to my pc using the phone link app. - Similar Threads - cant copy paste

2. I cant copy or paste files to my pc using the phone link app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant copy or paste files to my pc using the phone link app.: I am trying to move some meme files from my phone to my pc using phone link.. My phone connects fine and I can see the files no problem.. The instructions I read say I should be able to just drag and files from the phone to the pc using the myfiles app on my phone.. But it...
  3. i cant copy paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant copy paste: i try to press ctrl+c/v to copy and paste but it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-copy-paste/f8f09b04-234b-44a4-88ea-991cc9d80283
  4. i cant copy paste

i cant copy paste: i try to press ctrl+c/v to copy and paste but it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-copy-paste/f8f09b04-234b-44a4-88ea-991cc9d80283
  5. How to Copy/Paste using Windows 11 Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Copy/Paste using Windows 11 Phone Link: I saw an article about doing this but nowhere on the page does it say HOW to do it. Here's the page I'm looking atSeamlessly transfer content between your devices - Microsoft Support...
  6. How to Copy/Paste using Windows 11 Phone Link

How to Copy/Paste using Windows 11 Phone Link: I saw an article about doing this but nowhere on the page does it say HOW to do it. Here's the page I'm looking atSeamlessly transfer content between your devices - Microsoft Support...
  7. Link to Windows: Copy on Android, Paste to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Link to Windows: Copy on Android, Paste to PC: With the new setup there isn't a settings options to allow copy/paste to/from PC. So, I can only view it from my PC now??? Does anyone know how to enable this it used to be a thing? I want to copy from my phone to the pc. * Who knows if I'm in the right directory since Link...
  8. Link to Windows: Copy on Android, Paste to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link to Windows: Copy on Android, Paste to PC: With the new setup there isn't a settings options to allow copy/paste to/from PC. So, I can only view it from my PC now??? Does anyone know how to enable this it used to be a thing? I want to copy from my phone to the pc. * Who knows if I'm in the right directory since Link...
  9. Copying text between Windows to paste into a Samsung Phone APP in Phone Link not the main...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying text between Windows to paste into a Samsung Phone APP in Phone Link not the main...: I can copy and paste a text string in Windows to the PhoneLink, e.g. PhoneLink Search field.I cannot copy and paste that same text string to an APP e.g. Samsung calendar APP - which defeats the purpose of having PhoneLink in the first place. If I tried to do that, it will...
  10. Copying text between Windows to paste into a Samsung Phone APP in Phone Link not the main...

Copying text between Windows to paste into a Samsung Phone APP in Phone Link not the main...: I can copy and paste a text string in Windows to the PhoneLink, e.g. PhoneLink Search field.I cannot copy and paste that same text string to an APP e.g. Samsung calendar APP - which defeats the purpose of having PhoneLink in the first place. If I tried to do that, it will...