Windows 10: I can't create a folder on my computer

Discus and support I can't create a folder on my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to create a folder on an external SSD but there was no option for folder in the menu to create a new item. I then tried it on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Christian Mangino, Apr 4, 2022.

1. I can't create a folder on my computer

I was trying to create a folder on an external SSD but there was no option for folder in the menu to create a new item. I then tried it on my desktop and it didn't work. I updated windows, restarted, and also tried to enter the Controlled Folder Access menu but it said mt IT Administrator blocked it but this is my PC. How can I fix this problem. This problem just started today. Yesterday it was fine.

:)

Christian Mangino, Apr 4, 2022

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 4, 2022
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile I can't create a folder on my computer :)

Frogger, Apr 4, 2022
  4. I can't create a folder on my computer

Cannot perform backup...Windows asks to create a folder

I am having problems with the back up files, and every time i get a back up i get this message ( Create the missing folder "
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive\CATS 6A", as listed in the error message). Create a missing folder was suggested by one of the community members, Pls let me know the steps to follow in order to create a missing folder.

Thanks,

Mac

siamaksadjedi, Apr 4, 2022
Thema:

I can't create a folder on my computer

1. I can't create a folder on my computer - Similar Threads - can't create folder

2. why i can't create . folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i can't create . folder: i want create . foder i try to use cmd to create . foder but it say . already existsi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-create-folder/39b90761-3f4d-4c80-bb25-94a96662d4a9
  3. why i can't create . folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why i can't create . folder: i want create . foder i try to use cmd to create . foder but it say . already existsi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-create-folder/39b90761-3f4d-4c80-bb25-94a96662d4a9
  4. I can't create folder in regedit!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't create folder in regedit!: It's based in ASP.NET Machine Account.I can't create folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-create-folder-in-regedit/dfe8e2be-882a-4650-a2ff-4dfaccff6b2a
  5. I can't create folder in regedit!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't create folder in regedit!: It's based in ASP.NET Machine Account.I can't create folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-create-folder-in-regedit/dfe8e2be-882a-4650-a2ff-4dfaccff6b2a
  6. I can't create a folder on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't create a folder on my computer: I was trying to create a folder on an external SSD but there was no option for folder in the menu to create a new item. I then tried it on my desktop and it didn't work. I updated windows, restarted, and also tried to enter the Controlled Folder Access menu but it said mt IT...
  7. I can't create a folder on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't create a folder on my computer: I was trying to create a folder on an external SSD but there was no option for folder in the menu to create a new item. I then tried it on my desktop and it didn't work. I updated windows, restarted, and also tried to enter the Controlled Folder Access menu but it said mt IT...
  8. I can't create new folder

I can't create new folder: So, as in the title… I can't create a folder. Nothing works with Ctrl+Shift+N, New Folder from the File Manager toolbar, or even Right Click > New Folder because that option isn't even there!. I can, however, create a folder from the Terminal. It seems to me that an update...
  9. Can't Create folder

Can't Create folder: Hello, Before I ask my question I need to Say something. I don't Know if this Windows fault or Unity, Feel Free to Not Answer the question if this is not a windows Error. Also I send the Same Masse to Unity. So I downloaded Unity Hub and tried to Create a Project. When...
  10. Can't delete folder that I created

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder that I created: This folder was created in Feb. It's in C: Users/(Me)/Music. I named it Overflow so I could move files into it to keep the main folder looking cleaner. It has no content except for a subfolder called "Photos" (which also has no content). When I look at properties I get...