Windows 10: i can't create a new folder at all

Discus and support i can't create a new folder at all in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; every time i try to make a new folder with ctrl + shift + n or right clicking and pressing new it does nothing it does not even show a folder to create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LoganMunk, Jul 9, 2021.

1. LoganMunk Win User

i can't create a new folder at all

every time i try to make a new folder with ctrl + shift + n or right clicking and pressing new it does nothing it does not even show a folder to create when i click new i have tried a sfc it did not do anything and i don't know of any other way so pls help me

:)

LoganMunk, Jul 9, 2021

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 9, 2021
  3. gudiya#1 Win User
    creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Jul 9, 2021
  4. i can't create a new folder at all

I cant create a new folder in windows 10

Hi,

As the scans were not able to find any corrupted system files, we recommend that you try creating a new folder through
    File Explorer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "file explorer" to open File Explorer.
    • Click Desktop.
    • Under the Home tab, select the New folder option.
    • Create a name for your folder.

Let us know if you were able to create a new folder by following the steps provided.

Dennis Mop, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

i can't create a new folder at all

1. i can't create a new folder at all - Similar Threads - can't create folder

2. Can't create new folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create new folders.: Creating new folders isn't working since I tried to change my default folders icon using this tutorial.Now everytime I create a folder I am getting this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-new-folders/5d2267e0-43a2-4a61-9f06-81ce4300476a
  3. Can't create new folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't create new folders.: Creating new folders isn't working since I tried to change my default folders icon using this tutorial.Now everytime I create a folder I am getting this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-new-folders/5d2267e0-43a2-4a61-9f06-81ce4300476a
  4. Can't create new folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't create new folder

Can't create new folder: When I right click on the desktop or inside a folder the option to create a new folder does not appear, also, when clicking on the "new folder" button on the file explorer or pressing ctrl+shift+n nothing happens. The only way for me to create a new folder at this point is...
  6. I can't create new folder

I can't create new folder: So, as in the title… I can't create a folder. Nothing works with Ctrl+Shift+N, New Folder from the File Manager toolbar, or even Right Click > New Folder because that option isn't even there!. I can, however, create a folder from the Terminal. It seems to me that an update...
  7. Can't create new folders with explorer

Can't create new folders with explorer: I accidentally created 30,000 files with a couple of characters in each of them in a Dropbox shared folder. I deleted the files straight away but Dropbox way uploading them like crazy so I killed that too and restarted. Now I can only create new directories from the command...
  8. Can't create new folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't create new folder: [ATTACH] Suddenly noticed that I'm unable to create new folder in windows 10. Even ctrl+shift+n doesn't work or the new folder button in task bar. Also I checked HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers and the correct New folder was there with...
  9. Can't create new folders.

Can't create new folders.: Why can't I create new folders every time I try explorer hangs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-new-folders/694f88bd-3ab3-4410-ae2a-25841a78952f"
  10. Can't create a new folder

Can't create a new folder: Why is it that, since the latest update, I am no longer able to create a new folder. I am working on an ASUS laptop with plenty of storage & RAM. I bring up 'new' & nothing happens then I am told file explorer is not responding....