Windows 10: I cant create a partition

Discus and support I cant create a partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when i type "create partition primary" in command prompt it says diskpart has ecountered an error: Incorrect function. see the system Event og for mor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnBMW, Mar 6, 2020.

1. JohnBMW Win User

I cant create a partition

when i type "create partition primary" in command prompt it says diskpart has ecountered an error: Incorrect function.

see the system Event og for mor information

please help i need to format my disk so i can install windows 10

:)

JohnBMW, Mar 6, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 6, 2020
  3. how to create partition in windows 10

hey,

To create a partition from unpartitioned space follow these steps:

• Right click This PC and select Manage
    • Open Disk Management
    • Select the disk from which you want to make a partition.
    • Right click the Un-partitioned space in the bottom pane and select new Simple volume.
    • Enter the size and click next and you are done.
    Hope this helps.

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. I cant create a partition - Similar Threads - cant create partition

2. Creating new partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating new partition: I have an Asus ZenBook 14 Laptop. When I went to disk management I don't see any unallocated disk space but when I checked properties of the C: drive only one I have it shows I have 830 GB free. When I try to make a new partition there are only 50 GB available for it. Any...
  3. CAN NOT CREATE PARTITION

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAN NOT CREATE PARTITION: Good day. my Hp pavilion 24 Hard disk crashed and i bought another hard disk to reinstall my windows 10 back. but when it gets to windows setup page and i try clicking 'Next" option, it will shows 'windows can not create a partion. i have done all i could to make it work, but...
  4. Creating an EFI partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating an EFI partition: Hi, On Win 10 machine I have a 1TB SSD which I used to boot Windows and it has an EFI partition. I purchased a 2TB installed Windows on it and migrated data as a primary drive. I realised that it does not have an EFI partition (but has Boot, Page, File, Crash Dump on it)....
  5. creating partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    creating partitions: I want to partition a new HDD. Could some please explain the best way f doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-partitions/b404630c-dc77-40f2-a8a0-972357c75bf4
  6. cant create big partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant create big partitions: i have 394gb available in my disk and i want to create a partition with like 200gb, but it only allows me to create it with 37gb, what can i do? thanks for reading an sorry for bad english submitted by /u/isma_fdc [link] [comments]...
  7. Disk Partition Not Created

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Partition Not Created: I tried to create a new partition on the hard drive 1TB of HP 15-Da0032wm from the Disk Management settings but I do get an error message that the partition cannot be created because there is not enough space even though I still have more than 700GB of free space....
  8. Create partition

Create partition: Any guide on create partition ? 124529
  9. Create partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Create partition: Any guide on create partition ? 124529
  10. Cant create partition on disk, DISKPART gives CRC fault,

Cant create partition on disk, DISKPART gives CRC fault,: Hi all, I have a problem and hope you guys and girls can help. I have a 2TB Western Digital drive. It somehow got corrupted and I am now trying to resolve the issue. easeUS data recovery wizard is already running for almost 24 hours and only did 8 percent of the disk. It...