Windows 10: I can't create a Pin

Discus and support I can't create a Pin in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think I am missing something but this is what is going on. I am using my PC and I am on the Windows app. If I go to Security > add a new way to sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Christopher Poet, Jan 5, 2022.

1. I can't create a Pin

I think I am missing something but this is what is going on. I am using my PC and I am on the Windows app. If I go to Security > add a new way to sign in or verify > Use my Windows PC > NextI get a popup asking me for my PIN. To my knowledge, my account does NOT have a pin. That is why I am doing this to begin with. If my past self made a pin, I forgot it. If I tell it I forgot my Pin, it sends me right back to where I started to begin with telling me to use the same method to "reset" my pin. There are no pin reset options in my Security menu.Before I scream into the next century, som

:)

Christopher Poet, Jan 5, 2022

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 6, 2022
  3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 6, 2022
  4. Marco Gav Win User

I can't create a Pin

Why doesn't my pin work with the anniversary edition?

Hi Nancy,

We would like to know more about the issue. Before you had the Anniversary Update, were you using an 8-digit PIN?

For the meantime, we suggest that you remove the current PIN and create a new PIN. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Remove.

After you have deleted your current PIN, create a new 4-digit PIN by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.

Once you have created your new 4-digit PIN, restart your computer and sign-in using the new 4-digit PIN.

Note: It is very important that you remove then create a new PIN rather than changing the current PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

I can't create a Pin

1. I can't create a Pin - Similar Threads - can't create Pin

2. Can't create a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't create a pin: I have no windows hello pin set up. When I click Add, it asks me the pin of my outlook profile but I never set one to begin with. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-a-pin/25316718-8829-4403-a926-d20103e410c6
  3. Can't create a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create a pin: I have no windows hello pin set up. When I click Add, it asks me the pin of my outlook profile but I never set one to begin with. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-a-pin/25316718-8829-4403-a926-d20103e410c6
  4. Can't create a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't create a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create a pin: I have a new workstation and am in the initial stages of setting up.I login with my email addressThen enter my password.Then I get told I need to set up a 4 digital pin.I select Create and the screen changes and the custe sits spinning. Nothing happens.Can you help?...
  6. Can't create a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't create a pin: I have a new workstation and am in the initial stages of setting up.I login with my email addressThen enter my password.Then I get told I need to set up a 4 digital pin.I select Create and the screen changes and the custe sits spinning. Nothing happens.Can you help?...
  7. Can't create a pin

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I can't create a Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't create a Pin: I think I am missing something but this is what is going on. I am using my PC and I am on the Windows app. If I go to Security > add a new way to sign in or verify > Use my Windows PC > NextI get a popup asking me for my PIN. To my knowledge, my account does NOT have a pin....
  9. I can't create a Pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't create a Pin: I think I am missing something but this is what is going on. I am using my PC and I am on the Windows app. If I go to Security > add a new way to sign in or verify > Use my Windows PC > NextI get a popup asking me for my PIN. To my knowledge, my account does NOT have a pin....
  10. I have to create a PIN to login but I can't

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I have to create a PIN to login but I can't: The other night my laptop randomly started installing an update while I was working on a video, and when it was finished I tried to log back in, but instead of seeing my username and a bar for my password, I saw a sign in button. So I thought, it's probably just a ui update....