Windows 10: I can't create an administrator account I lost password for the orignal administrator account

Discus and support I can't create an administrator account I lost password for the orignal administrator account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to create new administrator account every time I try to do anything UAC pops up. I can't update anymore. Please help. I have a Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by elizabethxk, Aug 30, 2019.

1. I can't create an administrator account I lost password for the orignal administrator account

how to create new administrator account every time I try to do anything UAC pops up. I can't update anymore. Please help. I have a Microsoft account & created a local account.

:)

elizabethxk, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Snake05 Win User

Boot into Windows as administrator

You set up the admin password when installing XP, but most the time people believe it is for their individual account and not the Administrator one. As for Vista, like stated before, the initial account created is an administrator account, and if necessary, you may need to right click certain programs to "Run as Administrator"

Snake05, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Lost Administrator account

Hello,

The easiest way to resolve this issue is by enabling the built-in administrator account by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • Type net user administrator /active:yes
    • Close the elevated command prompt.
    • The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.
    • Restart the system and create a
      new user account

Once you create the new administrator user account you can disable the Built-in Administrator Account by:

• Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • Type net user administrator /active:no
    • Close the elevated command prompt.
    • Restart the system.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Aug 30, 2019
  4. I can't create an administrator account I lost password for the orignal administrator account

lost administrator account when creating regular account Now no administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Please be informed that you may not be able to recover the deleted account. But you can enable Built in Administrator account to create a new Administrator account.

I would suggest you create Windows 10 bootable media using the ISO image and follow the steps. This is a lengthy process kindly be patient.

1. Boot from Windows 10 bootable CD/DVD or USB.

2. When the install now screen shows up click on Repair your computer > Advanced Options >Troubleshoot > Command Prompt.

3. Once you can boot into the command prompt, type "net user administrator /active:yes"

and click Enter. This will activate hidden administrator account.

4. Now, close command prompt and remove installation media. Boot back to Windows 10 normal mode and sign in to Administrator account. You do not need a password for hidden admin account.

5. Create a new administrator account from the admin account.

6. Once you created a new account (Steps to create new account will be provided in the end), sign out of the hidden admin account and then boot into the newly created account.

7. When you have successfully signed into the new account, copy all the files from the following path c:/Users/Forgotten_Account_Name
    to a secure path.

8. Now, you can disable the hidden admin account and use the new account.

9. To disable hidden admin account press Windows key + X and click on
    Command Prompt (Admin).

10. In the Elevated Command prompt, type "net user administrator /active:no"

and click Enter. This will disable hidden administrator account.

You can now use the newly created admin account to login to the system.

To create a new test user account follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user NewAccount password /add
      and click Enter.
    • Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click Enter.
    • Log off from the system and login to the new user account.
    • If your start menu and other applications work fine then you can transfer all your data to the new account.
    • Remember your new account name is "NewAccount" and its password is "password" as mentioned in the commands.
    Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

I can't create an administrator account I lost password for the orignal administrator account

1. I can't create an administrator account I lost password for the orignal administrator account - Similar Threads - can't create administrator

2. I can't delete "administrator" account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't delete "administrator" account: I cant delete administrator account it gives error on netplwizhttps://i.imgur.com/pjBJSMA.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/wGMXj35.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-administrator-account/feffd5f0-4502-448c-a4c3-7a3684304a96
  3. Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.: I did a reset on my computer to help clear up space and help it run a bit better, but now I'm unable to play anything, as my account is apparently not an administrator account. As such, when I try to do certain things, it asks for the "Administrator password", only problem...
  4. Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.

Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.: I did a reset on my computer to help clear up space and help it run a bit better, but now I'm unable to play anything, as my account is apparently not an administrator account. As such, when I try to do certain things, it asks for the "Administrator password", only problem...
  5. Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. create administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create administrator account: I had only one administrator account and I switched it's type to local. now I want to restore my administrator account, but anything I want to do there were asking me for administrator use but don't give me any option to enter any credentials of administrator.Now, How can I...
  7. create administrator account

create administrator account: I had only one administrator account and I switched it's type to local. now I want to restore my administrator account, but anything I want to do there were asking me for administrator use but don't give me any option to enter any credentials of administrator.Now, How can I...
  8. Administrator Account Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Account Password: Hi, Hope your having a great day. My annoying friend changed the password to the built in admin account and my account is a standard account. Is there anyway to change that password without using Group Policy, cmd or an elevated PowerShell. Thanks in advance....
  9. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost ***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost***...
  10. administrator account lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator account lost: I had my motherboard replaced and now I have lost my administrator account. Can you help me? I have no trouble using the computer and there is only one account. I can't change anything till I can the account back....