Windows 10: I can't create folder in regedit!

Discus and support I can't create folder in regedit! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It's based in ASP.NET Machine Account.I can't create folders.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VQK2022HD, May 28, 2022.

1. VQK2022HD Win User

I can't create folder in regedit!

It's based in ASP.NET Machine Account.I can't create folders.

:)

VQK2022HD, May 28, 2022

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 28, 2022
  3. Cannot perform backup...Windows asks to create a folder

I am having problems with the back up files, and every time i get a back up i get this message ( Create the missing folder "
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive\CATS 6A", as listed in the error message). Create a missing folder was suggested by one of the community members, Pls let me know the steps to follow in order to create a missing folder.

Thanks,

Mac

siamaksadjedi, May 28, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 28, 2022
Thema:

1. I can't create folder in regedit! - Similar Threads - can't create folder

2. why i can't create . folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i can't create . folder: i want create . foder i try to use cmd to create . foder but it say . already existsi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-create-folder/39b90761-3f4d-4c80-bb25-94a96662d4a9
  3. why i can't create . folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why i can't create . folder: i want create . foder i try to use cmd to create . foder but it say . already existsi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-create-folder/39b90761-3f4d-4c80-bb25-94a96662d4a9
  4. I can't create folder in regedit!

I can't create folder in regedit!: It's based in ASP.NET Machine Account.I can't create folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-create-folder-in-regedit/dfe8e2be-882a-4650-a2ff-4dfaccff6b2a
  5. I can't create a folder on my computer

I can't create a folder on my computer: I was trying to create a folder on an external SSD but there was no option for folder in the menu to create a new item. I then tried it on my desktop and it didn't work. I updated windows, restarted, and also tried to enter the Controlled Folder Access menu but it said mt IT...
  6. I can't create new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't create new folder: So, as in the title… I can't create a folder. Nothing works with Ctrl+Shift+N, New Folder from the File Manager toolbar, or even Right Click > New Folder because that option isn't even there!. I can, however, create a folder from the Terminal. It seems to me that an update...
  7. Can't Create folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Create folder: Hello, Before I ask my question I need to Say something. I don't Know if this Windows fault or Unity, Feel Free to Not Answer the question if this is not a windows Error. Also I send the Same Masse to Unity. So I downloaded Unity Hub and tried to Create a Project. When...
  8. I removed a large regedit folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I removed a large regedit folder: Hey, I tried to delete a registry file, but I accidentally removed the entire software folder in "local machine" now I cannot log in to windows, what can I do? (Also, I don't think I can turn it on in safe mode, cause the restart option does not work that well) submitted by...
  9. PE_C_PUBLIC folder in Regedit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PE_C_PUBLIC folder in Regedit: Has anyone had - or solved an issue where they find this folder in their registry editor? Its completely f**king annoying, can't delete it using the right click, sometimes can remove it with PowerShell commands then a restart & or a complete uninstall & reinstall of the...
  10. Can't delete folder that I created

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder that I created: This folder was created in Feb. It's in C: Users/(Me)/Music. I named it Overflow so I could move files into it to keep the main folder looking cleaner. It has no content except for a subfolder called "Photos" (which also has no content). When I look at properties I get...