Windows 10: I can't customize folder icons anymore

Discus and support I can't customize folder icons anymore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was able to customize folder icons but they changed into what looks like an empty folder. I tried restoring them to their original image and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nitzay Irizarry, Sep 23, 2020.

1. I can't customize folder icons anymore

I was able to customize folder icons but they changed into what looks like an empty folder. I tried restoring them to their original image and customizing it again but the same empty folder appears. The ico files I have just don't seem to work anymore. When I try to customize it with the images the computer gives me though it does but they don't really fit my theme. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

:)

Nitzay Irizarry, Sep 23, 2020

2. Cannot copy folders with their customized icons anymore

Since the last Windows 10 update, I cannot copy anymore folders retaining their customized icon: the icon gets reset systematically to the default one. How can I reset this feature to as it was before (i.e. folders were copied with their customized icons)?

JMFJMFJMFJMF, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Sep 23, 2020
  4. I can't customize folder icons anymore

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

I can't customize folder icons anymore

1. I can't customize folder icons anymore - Similar Threads - can't customize folder

2. Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11: I am trying to change the icon of a folder on my computer and it doesn't work.I go to properties/customize/change icon and I choose an .ico file I have in a folder. When I click on "apply" the icon changes, but then it reverts back to the default.I also tried with an icon in...
  3. Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11: I am trying to change the icon of a folder on my computer and it doesn't work.I go to properties/customize/change icon and I choose an .ico file I have in a folder. When I click on "apply" the icon changes, but then it reverts back to the default.I also tried with an icon in...
  4. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  5. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  6. Cannot customize folder icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot customize folder icons: Firstly, I am sorry if this was posted before, I saw many similar, but I could not find the solution.So, I am downloading icons .ico and I am trying to customize my icons Windows 11, but the same was happening since Windows 10. When I go to the properties of the folter, there...
  7. Registry default icons customization not working anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Registry default icons customization not working anymore?: Greetings, I like to change many default icons (drive, folder, documents, downloads, pictures, desktop, web, control panel, recycling bin etcc). Not just manually replacing the icon of each folder individually. I used to go through two different paths: Edit the resources...
  8. Custom Folder Icons issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom Folder Icons issue: Hello, I'm totally new to this community so I don't know if I'm posting it in the right topic. I'm making customized DVD shape folder icons for my movies. As long as it is PNG it's fine. When I convert it into *.ico with "Any to Icon" and export it to my desktop it is fine...
  9. Can't customize folders; icon layout resets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't customize folders; icon layout resets: Ever since the last update, I've noticed my in-folder icons keep resetting to detail view I prefer large icons (I work with a lot of image files). Attempting to fix this via folder Properties > Customize, I discovered something else: I can no longer change folder templates. I...
  10. I can't change folder icon to a custom one

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change folder icon to a custom one: I created a new folder on the desktop and I can't change its icon to a one I downloaded. selecting the icon from the stock list (shell32.dll) works fine though. I tried with another folder in different location, still no luck. however, when I created a shortcut to the folder...