Windows 10: I can’t delete a corrupt file on OSC:.

Discus and support I can’t delete a corrupt file on OSC:. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever i try deleting the folder “SAntivirus”, it asks permision from the administrator. I have tried loads giving it the permission the result is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aaditya andAnushri, Aug 13, 2020.

1. I can’t delete a corrupt file on OSC:.

Whenever i try deleting the folder “SAntivirus”, it asks permision from the administrator. I have tried loads giving it the permission the result is same - “ You reqiure permission from your administrator to make changes to this folder.”

I also tried different ways getting rid of the folder but the result was no great. Please help me.

:)

Aaditya andAnushri, Aug 13, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Corrupted file RAR

If its many rar files just delete the corrupted one and then download it again

Jetster, Aug 13, 2020
  4. I can’t delete a corrupt file on OSC:.

CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

Hi Leenus,

Hard drive and other external memory storage can be corrupted on account of bad sectors which are no longer accessible or writable due to permanent damage. Your device or hard drive could also be infected by some type of malware. These are some of the possible
    causes why you are experiencing the error "ERROR 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable". To address this concern, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

Check and repair disk errors or corrupted file system. This process can fix "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error caused by bad sectors, virus infection or file system corruption. To do so, follow these steps:

• Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Using Search, type CMD.
    • From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /f h: (h stands for your hard drive) and then hit the Enter key.
    • Delete the corrupted file and check if you'll experience the same error.

Method 2

Format the hard drive. You can manually format the hard drive to permanently remove "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error. These are the steps on how to format an external drive:

• Plug the hard drive into your computer.
    • Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Open File Explorer and then click This PC.
    • Click the external hard drive's name, click on Manage tab and then click on Format.
    • Click Start and then click OK.

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

I can’t delete a corrupt file on OSC:.

1. I can’t delete a corrupt file on OSC:. - Similar Threads - can’t delete corrupt

2. PC can’t connect to Internet, Can’t access PIN, Corrupted Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC can’t connect to Internet, Can’t access PIN, Corrupted Files: Hello, For the past few days I’ve been having issues with my PC. Late Sunday evening I went to log into my PC, but the login said it couldn’t find my PIN; this had happened to me before, so I retraced my previous steps and used the same steps to fix the issue as I did before....
  3. Why can’t I delete my file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t I delete my file?: I have a compressed/zipped file that I want to delete. When I try to delete it, the page says I cannot delete it and my access was denied. I look up the way to access that file and try it on my laptop. According to the instructions I used, I was supposed to right-click on the...
  4. Why can’t I delete my file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can’t I delete my file?: I have a compressed/zipped file that I want to delete. When I try to delete it, the page says I cannot delete it and my access was denied. I look up the way to access that file and try it on my laptop. According to the instructions I used, I was supposed to right-click on the...
  5. Fixing Corrupted files and deleted files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fixing Corrupted files and deleted files: My windows files are deleted and corrupted or for the deleted one is deleted from a virus so is there a possible way to fix it? I really would be happy if you find a solution....
  6. Deleting corrupted files

Deleting corrupted files: I have a USB drive stick which has somehow got some corrupted folders - see below screens shot. I have no idea how these folders arose, and am trying to delete them. when I try to delete them in MS dos it fails, saying the syntax is wrong - even though it delete the...
  7. Can’t delete video file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t delete video file: I recorded a stream I was doing in amazing quality and it went for 7 hours and the file is now 456GB apparently and it’s not letting me delete it, can some help? submitted by /u/SpottyYT-SS [link] [comments]...
  8. Corrupted files that are impossible to delete

Corrupted files that are impossible to delete: Hello, while I was looking at my temp folder, a folder was not being deleted. I looked inside the folder and found this: [ATTACH] Sorry for the large images, but here is what I think caused these corrupted files: The temp folder is actually located in my USB, and in some...
  9. Dskchk corrupted and deleted files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dskchk corrupted and deleted files.: I've seen this question a lot, however the answer doesn't work for me (Windows 10) . The issue is that dskchck deleted and corrupted most files (important ones as well). It deleted Google chrome, Firefox, Folders on the desktop, and corrupted and deleted my temp folder, which...
  10. How can I delete this corrupted file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I delete this corrupted file?: Hello Everyone! So today I was trying to rotate a picture in the Windows 10 "Pictures" app, and as weird as it sounds, it didn't rotate the picture. I closed the window, and that's when I discovered that the file became undeletable, and uneditable. It wasn't a virus (the...