Windows 10: I can't delete a file and nothing seems to work.

Discus and support I can't delete a file and nothing seems to work. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The file doesn't show up in task manger yet it say it is open. Process explorer can't find it. Force deleting through the command prompt just returns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ranzzafrays, Feb 22, 2021.

1. I can't delete a file and nothing seems to work.

The file doesn't show up in task manger yet it say it is open. Process explorer can't find it. Force deleting through the command prompt just returns "Access Denied." I ran as an administrator and made sure I had the correct permissions. I don't know what to do to, please help. The processer is Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz 1.90 GHz. 6 gb ram. 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. I am on Windows 10 pro. The OS build is 19042.804

submitted by /u/Ranzzafrays
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ranzzafrays, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Feb 22, 2021
  4. MohanC Win User

I can't delete a file and nothing seems to work.

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

I can't delete a file and nothing seems to work.

1. I can't delete a file and nothing seems to work. - Similar Threads - can't delete file

2. File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.: By "nothing" I mean administrator privileges, startup repair or File Explorer. Even the bloody volume window causes the taskbar to reload, and the Start and Search menus are slow as molasses.I tried a proposed "Sounds" fix, nothing. All other proposed fixes use Admin CMD or...
  3. File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.: By "nothing" I mean administrator privileges, startup repair or File Explorer. Even the bloody volume window causes the taskbar to reload, and the Start and Search menus are slow as molasses.I tried a proposed "Sounds" fix, nothing. All other proposed fixes use Admin CMD or...
  4. [Help] "Can't sign in to Your account" Nothing seems to be working to fix this.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    [Help] "Can't sign in to Your account" Nothing seems to be working to fix this.: I've recently been dealing with the issue of being unable to sign into my PC. I had left it on before I went to bed and when I woke up it was turned off and when I tried to sign back in, I got the error pop-up of "We can't sign in to your account" and have been put into a...
  5. [Help] "Can't sign in to Your account" Nothing seems to be working to fix this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Help] "Can't sign in to Your account" Nothing seems to be working to fix this.: I've recently been dealing with the issue of being unable to sign into my PC. I had left it on before I went to bed and when I woke up it was turned off and when I tried to sign back in, I got the error pop-up of "We can't sign in to your account" and have been put into a...
  6. [Help] "Can't sign in to Your account" Nothing seems to be working to fix this.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't delete seemingly corrupted file after troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete seemingly corrupted file after troubleshooting: Hi, I'm trying to delete a directory on my PC but if i simply press delete or use the context menu nothing happens, not even a pop-up failure message. Running command prompt as admin, I tried using rmdir /s to remove the folder but it tells me access is denied. I tried doing...
  8. Can't delete seemingly corrupted file after troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete seemingly corrupted file after troubleshooting: Hi, I'm trying to delete a directory on my PC but if i simply press delete or use the context menu nothing happens, not even a pop-up failure message. Running command prompt as admin, I tried using rmdir /s to remove the folder but it tells me access is denied. I tried doing...
  9. Can't delete seemingly corrupted file after troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Nothing seems to be working AT ALL

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing seems to be working AT ALL: So I recently upgraded my laptop and desktop to Windows 10, had absolutley no issues with my laptop, however last night 08/06/15 I upgraded my desktop as well (both were running windows 8 and had no issues with either). When windows loads up the wallpaper is just a black...