Windows 10: I Can't Delete a Folder

Discus and support I Can't Delete a Folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a folder I created but I can't delete. When I try to delete the folder I get an error telling me I need permission from myself to delete it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ThomasFarmer2, Mar 31, 2022.

1. I Can't Delete a Folder

I have a folder I created but I can't delete. When I try to delete the folder I get an error telling me I need permission from myself to delete it. I tried to change the ownership of the folder to everyone, but that gives me an error that says, "Failed to enumerate objects. Access denied." How do I delete the folder? I'm the only user of this device so I know it isn't being blocked by any other users.

:)

ThomasFarmer2, Mar 31, 2022

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I Can't Delete a Folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I Can't Delete a Folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 31, 2022
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 31, 2022
  4. I Can't Delete a Folder

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Mar 31, 2022
Thema:

I Can't Delete a Folder

1. I Can't Delete a Folder - Similar Threads - Can't Delete Folder

2. I can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete a folder: I am using Windows 10. I am trying to delete a folder, but it keeps saying "You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder" even though I set all permissions in the folder to Full Control. Is there anything else I missed?...
  3. I can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete a folder: I am using Windows 10. I am trying to delete a folder, but it keeps saying "You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder" even though I set all permissions in the folder to Full Control. Is there anything else I missed?...
  4. I can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I Can't Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Can't Delete a Folder: I have a folder I created but I can't delete. When I try to delete the folder I get an error telling me I need permission from myself to delete it. I tried to change the ownership of the folder to everyone, but that gives me an error that says, "Failed to enumerate objects....
  6. help!!!!! I can't delete a folder :

help!!!!! I can't delete a folder :: I can't delete a folderin "DataD:" pls help meee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-i-cant-delete-a-folder/0960002f-4e4e-4ebf-852e-d28c6b2a797a
  7. I can't delete a folder

I can't delete a folder: I accidently wrote a infinite loop to creat a bunch of folders. These folders are nested toghther and there is probably more than 10k layers. Now I can't delete these folder, since there is too much layers. I tried to use python to delete these folders and it says that...
  8. There is a folder that I can't delete.

There is a folder that I can't delete.: I have 2 drivesC and D and most apps download to C drive. But windows has this feature where it can move the apps to D drive, which I did. But soon after that I had to reset my system which reset everything except for the D driveWhich has 2 windows apps folders. If I try to...
  9. Folder that I can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder that I can't delete: I have a folder in win 10 that I can't delete! When I try to delete it is says "You do not have access to this folder" There is an explanation on what to do to gain access to it but it is meaningless to me! Can someone give me clear & concise procedure on how to delete...
  10. Can't delete folder that I created

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder that I created: This folder was created in Feb. It's in C: Users/(Me)/Music. I named it Overflow so I could move files into it to keep the main folder looking cleaner. It has no content except for a subfolder called "Photos" (which also has no content). When I look at properties I get...