Windows 10: i cant delete and move my files and folders

Discus and support i cant delete and move my files and folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i cant delete my files and folders from documents how can i fix these[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CameraSmash, Jul 6, 2020.

1. i cant delete and move my files and folders

i cant delete my files and folders from documents how can i fix these i cant delete and move my files and folders 1c1aaff7-19e4-4de6-8206-2a5b14966fea?upload=true.png

:)

CameraSmash, Jul 6, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused i cant delete and move my files and folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well i cant delete and move my files and folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Jul 6, 2020
  4. i cant delete and move my files and folders

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown i cant delete and move my files and folders :(

lyndonguitar, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

i cant delete and move my files and folders

1. i cant delete and move my files and folders - Similar Threads - cant delete move

2. I cant delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant delete a file: I recorded a video that's 100GB in size and every time I right click it and press delete nothing happens for a couple seconds then my windows explorer crashes.I've tried force deleting it and using cmd prompt to delete it and nothing works. i just tried file assasin and tried...
  3. i cant move and copy files to the program filesx86 folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant move and copy files to the program filesx86 folder: it used to work but when i try it it wont move to the folder example: i downloaded an mod that requires me to move an folder from the program filesx86 but when i tried it it wont move even tho i am using the administrator acc tried move to and copy to it wont work...
  4. i cant move and copy files to the program filesx86 folder

i cant move and copy files to the program filesx86 folder: it used to work but when i try it it wont move to the folder example: i downloaded an mod that requires me to move an folder from the program filesx86 but when i tried it it wont move even tho i am using the administrator acc tried move to and copy to it wont work...
  5. i cant move and copy files to the program filesx86 folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. I cant delete this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant delete this file: When I want to delete this file, I select it and right-click but it dont show the "Delete". I also tried use Command Prompt, write: del F: \sources\install.esd but it said: Access is denied. How can I delete this files ?...
  7. I cant delete this file

I cant delete this file: When I want to delete this file, I select it and right-click but it dont show the "Delete". I also tried use Command Prompt, write: del F: \sources\install.esd but it said: Access is denied. How can I delete this files ?...
  8. i cant delete files

i cant delete files: Welcome to my application I can not delete, add or move files and folders how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-files/d3e45f0f-d811-4ec7-a68b-3daec7ad2baa
  9. Unable to move or delete files or folders

Unable to move or delete files or folders: Constantly get "File/Folder in use by another program". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-move-or-delete-files-or-folders/767b3b2f-8ebd-4563-9150-2a0fd6f33e5f"
  10. Files and folders reappear after deleting or moving

Files and folders reappear after deleting or moving: I have 2 places on my Windows 10 machine where folders reappear after being moved or deleted. The pictures folder and download folders have been moved from the small SSD C drive to the larger D drive. Several folders in the picture folders return to their original place...