Windows 10: I can't delete certain users

Discus and support I can't delete certain users in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this PC is from a friend that sold it to me, and he left his users here. The thing is that i can't delete those 2 users he created for some reason,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PitoKnife, Apr 9, 2020.

1. I can't delete certain users

So this PC is from a friend that sold it to me, and he left his users here. The thing is that i can't delete those 2 users he created for some reason, i can't find the option. When trying with mine there is an option to 'delete user'. His users appear inside a slot called 'Family' (with no delete option) and my user appear in another slot called 'Other users'. Do you have any idea on how to delete my friend's users? Thanks.

submitted by /u/PitoKnife
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PitoKnife, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Apr 9, 2020
  4. I can't delete certain users

How to delete local user accounts on Windows 10?

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about delete the multiple user accounts on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps to delete local user account and check if it helps.

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

• You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

• You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

• Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.
    OR

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account
      " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

I can't delete certain users

1. I can't delete certain users - Similar Threads - can't delete certain

2. I can't remove/delete certain icons in desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't remove/delete certain icons in desktop: Hello. I'm talking about these 2 icons, and no matter what I do they just won't go away. They are not showing up here nor at desktop in explorer....
  3. Can't delete a certain folder off of desktop

Can't delete a certain folder off of desktop: I can't seem to be able to delete a file off the desktop, everytime I've tried deleting it, it says "Could not find this item" I've already tried the rmdir /q /s method, but it says "the directory name is invalid"[ATTACH]...
  4. Can't delete deleted user's folder.

Can't delete deleted user's folder.: So a long time ago I made this user using command prompt just for fun and then I went to delete it. But I just noticed that the user folder is still there. It says I can't delete it because I don't have permissions. I tried giving myself permissions to no avail. Can someone...
  5. User Name I can't delete

User Name I can't delete: Ok, I don't know if this is a Windows 10 issue or a Carbonite issue. Just bought a new Windows 10 computer from Dell. Restored my files from Carbonite. Created a user name "Joe". When I go to the C: drive under Users, there is another user called "Smith39". I have no...
  6. GPO for certains users on certain computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPO for certains users on certain computers: I'm quite new at using GPO however, I've come across a problem that I can't find an answer or clear enough explanation to solve. I have 10 users in an OU of about 20 users that I want to have a GPO apply but only on two computers that are in their own OU. It was suggested...
  7. Reinstalled Windows and I can't delete a certain folder now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalled Windows and I can't delete a certain folder now: Reinstalled windows because of an issue, I only formatted My C drive. All the apps and data in D drive was left as it is I try to launch Adobe pdf (I installed it on D drive), but now it wont launch. checked my installed programs and it wasn't there. So i decided to delete...
  8. I can't delete certain folders because of lack of permission.

I can't delete certain folders because of lack of permission.: Hi, I bought this computer a few months ago and I installed it with Windows 10 Home Activated. Lately This week, when I download anything from the internet that contains a folder Like a .rar file I can't delete the folder, it says I need permissions from the administrator....
  9. Can't delete user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't delete user: I have two users listed when I start the computer. Both accounts have the same name, but in Settings-Accounts-Family and other users, only one account shows up. I have reset and both accounts show up. Sometimes when I turn on the computer, it goes straight through, but...
  10. I can't delete certain file on desktop

I can't delete certain file on desktop: Half year ago, my teacher sent me a compressed package file which is compressed in MAC system with her Apple Mac computer. When I unzipped it, I got this just in this figure. And no matter how hard to delete it, it didn't work. I thought maybe it would disappear when Windows...