Windows 10: I can't delete cpuz149_x64.sys

Discus and support I can't delete cpuz149_x64.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I recently got a virus and decided to reset my computer from scratch, but I just realized there is a file in my temp folder called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jose Morales_06, Nov 24, 2020.

1. I can't delete cpuz149_x64.sys

So I recently got a virus and decided to reset my computer from scratch, but I just realized there is a file in my temp folder called ''cpuz149_x64.sys'' and every time I try to delete it, it says ''cant be deleted because the file is opening in another program'' I tried safe mode and deleted all the files inside the temp folder including cpuz149_x64.sys '', and it actually let me delete the ''cpuz149_x64.sys'' file, but when I go back into normal windows, the file is still there and I realized that when I go back into normal mode the file has the same creation date as when I restart the pc, I've tried looking in task manager a service that has its same name which I couldn't find I can't delete cpuz149_x64.sys 46b4c7de-13d3-4c5b-a84a-1da3895c359a?upload=true.png I can't delete cpuz149_x64.sys 9ef37ebf-8b7c-49a0-8047-4058b74ad57d?upload=true.png , I also tried using multiple anti viruses like: Malware Bytes, Kaspersky, CCleaner and Windows security and none of them detected it. I've tried all I could think of and still nothing, and its also really complicated getting information on the internet about this, please I could really use your help on this. btw it only remains in the temp folder inside a folder called ''cpuz149''.

:)

Jose Morales_06, Nov 24, 2020
  2. __AW__ Win User

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL hall.dll ntoskrnl.dll

Have you rebooted since uninstalling cpuz?

cpuz149_x64.sys is still showing in the stack as being the cause.

Path to driver - C:\WINDOWS\temp\cpuz149\cpuz149_x64.sys

__AW__, Nov 24, 2020
  3. BSoD

Hi Rob.

I can't seem to delete the cpuz149_x64.sys file. it is located in C:/Windows/Temp/cpuz149

Any suggestions on how to delete it?

Edit: I had actually deleted those programs about a week or 2 ago.

When i try to delete it, it says the file is open in another program

Edit2: I figured it out, it was using a program called NZXT cam, i delete that and it is not showing up on DriverViewer anymore.

Thanks

Josh

Joshiirawr, Nov 24, 2020
  4. I can't delete cpuz149_x64.sys

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (igdkmd64.sys)

Hi Nezar,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

File igdkmd64.sys is the Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver for Microsoft Windows 8.

I would suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

• Open Device Manager
    • Expand the Display Adapter section.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

• Click on start, select Control Panel
    • Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    Hope this helps and do let us know if you need any assistance.

Ruth Buruga, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

I can't delete cpuz149_x64.sys

1. I can't delete cpuz149_x64.sys - Similar Threads - can't delete cpuz149_x64

2. I can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete a folder: I accidently wrote a infinite loop to creat a bunch of folders. These folders are nested toghther and there is probably more than 10k layers. Now I can't delete these folder, since there is too much layers. I tried to use python to delete these folders and it says that...
  3. There is a folder that I can't delete.

There is a folder that I can't delete.: I have 2 drivesC and D and most apps download to C drive. But windows has this feature where it can move the apps to D drive, which I did. But soon after that I had to reset my system which reset everything except for the D driveWhich has 2 windows apps folders. If I try to...
  4. I deleted and app and can't redownload it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted and app and can't redownload it?: I bought Bedrock Minecraft from the Microsoft store a few months ago. Last week , when trying to join a friends multiplayer game, I got an outdated client error. In an attempt to fix that problem, I deleted the app, intending to reinstall it. I opened the Microsoft store and...
  5. I can't delete a file

I can't delete a file: Earlier today I renamed an excel file. I find out a few hours later that it has made a copy of the excel file but named as it was before I renamed it. I did not create a copy of this file. I can't delete this copy because it says "item not found". How do I get rid of...
  6. I can't delete the note.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't delete the note.: In Sticky Notes, I can't delete the note. A pop up shows up if you want to delete it, but the button doesn't work at all. The sticky not has been down graded. Hope MS fix it asap....
  7. A file I can't delete

A file I can't delete: I have windows 10. I have a file in documents I can't delete and it is taking up 90% of my storage. It's a TS file that I added myself. When I go to documents and click on it, it freezes my computer. I have tried command prompt to forcefully delete it and that didn't work....
  8. A file I can't delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A file I can't delete: I have windows 10. I have a file in documents I can't delete and it is taking up 90% of my storage. It's a TS file that I added myself. When I go to documents and click on it, it freezes my computer. I have tried command prompt to forcefully delete it and that didn't work....
  9. I can't delete these things.

I can't delete these things.: please can someone help me delete these things? it keeps saying they are in a place they aren't and just won't delete[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-these-things/8c27618c-d44b-411e-a427-c96e820cb57c"
  10. Folder that I can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder that I can't delete: I have a folder in win 10 that I can't delete! When I try to delete it is says "You do not have access to this folder" There is an explanation on what to do to gain access to it but it is meaningless to me! Can someone give me clear & concise procedure on how to delete...