Windows 10: I can't delete Discord folder to unistall it

Discus and support I can't delete Discord folder to unistall it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know if this is the best place to ask but... I've had a problem were I open Discord and it stays on a grey screen, stuck there. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Comrade Sushi, Nov 27, 2020.

1. I can't delete Discord folder to unistall it

I don't know if this is the best place to ask but...

I've had a problem were I open Discord and it stays on a grey screen, stuck there. I tried uninstalling the folder in AppData but everytime I try, a window pops up and says I can't delete the folder because it's damaged Error: 0x80070570. I've tried like 10 times and it keeps saying the same. I have also temporarily desactived Windows Defender as apparently it helps with the error, but still it doesn't work.

I used to do the same thing when this happened, and I re-installed Discord and no problems, but now I can't fix it.

Please help, I use Discord daily and I need to solve this thing.

:)

Comrade Sushi, Nov 27, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I can't delete Discord folder to unistall it :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I can't delete Discord folder to unistall it :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Can't Unistall the Discord App

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some programs can be uninstalled with their own built in uninstallers and Windows Add/remove programs feature as well. Both uninstallers can uninstall the main executable files of the program, but do not remove the other components (files and
    data) of the application.

Click on Start button (Windows logo) and, look for the application folder name in the list of apps.

Expand it and follow its uninstaller to remove the program.

You can also go to the folder where the application is installed and run the uninstaller.

Go to C:\Users\your username\AppData\local\Discord\uninstall.

If it does not work, follow the instructions in the link below to remove the app.

Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

To delete the application data, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.

Type %AppData% and hit the enter key.

Locate the folder Discord and delete it.

Open the Run dialog box again and type %LocalAppData%.

Locate the folder Discord and delete it.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 27, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

I can't delete Discord folder to unistall it

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

I can't delete Discord folder to unistall it

1. I can't delete Discord folder to unistall it - Similar Threads - can't delete Discord

2. I can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete a folder: I am using Windows 10. I am trying to delete a folder, but it keeps saying "You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder" even though I set all permissions in the folder to Full Control. Is there anything else I missed?...
  3. I Can't Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Can't Delete a Folder: I have a folder I created but I can't delete. When I try to delete the folder I get an error telling me I need permission from myself to delete it. I tried to change the ownership of the folder to everyone, but that gives me an error that says, "Failed to enumerate objects....
  4. I Can't Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't Delete a Folder: I have a folder I created but I can't delete. When I try to delete the folder I get an error telling me I need permission from myself to delete it. I tried to change the ownership of the folder to everyone, but that gives me an error that says, "Failed to enumerate objects....
  5. I can't delete a folder

I can't delete a folder: I accidently wrote a infinite loop to creat a bunch of folders. These folders are nested toghther and there is probably more than 10k layers. Now I can't delete these folder, since there is too much layers. I tried to use python to delete these folders and it says that...
  6. There is a folder that I can't delete.

There is a folder that I can't delete.: I have 2 drivesC and D and most apps download to C drive. But windows has this feature where it can move the apps to D drive, which I did. But soon after that I had to reset my system which reset everything except for the D driveWhich has 2 windows apps folders. If I try to...
  7. unable to unistall or install my discord application

unable to unistall or install my discord application: Today my discord app suddenly stopped working, i was unable to open the app despite it running no matter what. I tried uninstalling the app only to be told it cannot be found and received an error when trying to install it. Have no idea what to do...
  8. I can't delete my discord folder in LocalAppData.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete my discord folder in LocalAppData.: Hello, I recently tried to uninstall and reinstall discord because it wasn't working properly, but I can't reinstall discord because apparently there is still a file in LocalAppData. I have looked through the Properties of the file and it says "You must have Read permissions...
  9. Can't Unistall the Discord App

Can't Unistall the Discord App: I'm trying to uninstall the "Discord" app from my laptop, currently equipped with Windows 10, and no matter what I try it still seems to be there. Something as simple as uninstalling an app shouldn't take so long or require so much effort and research yet here I am. I can...
  10. Folder that I can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder that I can't delete: I have a folder in win 10 that I can't delete! When I try to delete it is says "You do not have access to this folder" There is an explanation on what to do to gain access to it but it is meaningless to me! Can someone give me clear & concise procedure on how to delete...