Windows 10: I can't delete files but need permission and can't be fixed help?

Discus and support I can't delete files but need permission and can't be fixed help? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i had this old game i wanted to delete but it's not deleting whenever i click delete it needs permission and I don't know how to fix it[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aboodhamdi, Jun 28, 2020.

1. I can't delete files but need permission and can't be fixed help?

So i had this old game i wanted to delete but it's not deleting whenever i click delete it needs permission and I don't know how to fix it I can't delete files but need permission and can't be fixed help? 4406cb52-7b05-4f3f-96cf-97c44b3de602?upload=true.png

:)

aboodhamdi, Jun 28, 2020

2. Can't Delete Corrupted File - All Permissions Removed

So I have a file in my downloads that somehow got corrupted and all the permission information on the file is gone. I can't delete as it says I need permission to delete it. When I try to forcefully delete it through cmd as administrator, I get "Access denied". I've tried using an unlocker tool as well as taking ownership of the file but everything has failed.

Any other suggestions?

Danielzxzx, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Need permission from myself to delete a folder but I can't get it

Thanks. I'll try File Assassin next time.

In this case I can't remember every single step I took, but one thing I did was to change the ownership of the folder in the security advanced settings from myself to myself and to apply that to all subfolders and files. This ensured that all files and subfolders had the same ownership as the parent. I also had to disable inheritance for my user permissions so that the permissions for the folder I was trying to delete were independent of the parent folder. Then it worked.

ricecrispies, Jun 28, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

I can't delete files but need permission and can't be fixed help?

Need permission from myself to delete a folder but I can't get it

Glad you got it sorted. Thanks for posting your resolution - it may help others in the future.

simrick, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

I can't delete files but need permission and can't be fixed help?

1. I can't delete files but need permission and can't be fixed help? - Similar Threads - can't delete files

2. I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission: Hi,i wanted to delete a file but I couldn't because it said that some other program is using it. I have checked and couldn't find any program using it. i have opened properties window and did something there, actually a couple of things which I'm not very clear of, basically...
  3. I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission: Hi,i wanted to delete a file but I couldn't because it said that some other program is using it. I have checked and couldn't find any program using it. i have opened properties window and did something there, actually a couple of things which I'm not very clear of, basically...
  4. I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need Help Can't Open Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Can't Open Files: Hi,Help apprecaited.I made a mess.I had a folder and it's contents bitlocker encrypted and all was working fine.I had a couple of backups. One on USB and One on D Drive.I had to reinstall fresh system.When I try to copy back content it want allow me, it says I need...
  6. Help, can't delete file!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help, can't delete file!: I have a file that I can't delete, nor can I move it to a different folder. If I try to execute either of these actions, my file explorer will just completely lock up, not only that, if I even try to enter the folder in which it's contained videos my file explorer will also...
  7. Can't delete files even though I am the administrator, and can't change file permissions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't delete files even though I am the administrator, and can't change file permissions: So I've got this weird problem where I try to delete these files and it says I can't delete them without admin privileges. My account is the administrator. So I went to Properties, Security, Advanced to try to change the permissions, but it won't let me change permissions. It...
  8. Admin Can't delete files without permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Can't delete files without permission: When I go into user Accounts it says I am Admin, but when I go to delete something it says I need permission from administratordesktop-914tkhd administrator. When I go to the advances security Tab it says I have full control but I still can't delete the files in the folder....
  9. Can't Delete driver needs permission from TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Delete driver needs permission from TrustedInstaller: I'm trying to delete a driver that doesn't work but it won't let me I need permission from TrustedInstaller. Can't delete/change or add permissions or install an older driver over it Any ideas? Ta 59680
  10. Need permission from myself to delete a folder but I can't get it

in Windows 10 Support
    Need permission from myself to delete a folder but I can't get it: I am trying to delete a folder on an external hard disk that was created on another computer. First it tells me that I need administrator permissions to modify it, which I grant. Then it tells me that I need permission from dougal\robert to do so, dougal\robert being my own...