Windows 10: I can't delete folders anymore on Windows 11 - not really FIXED: it was a OneDrive problem

Discus and support I can't delete folders anymore on Windows 11 - not really FIXED: it was a OneDrive problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; not really FIXED: I opened OneDrive and ended the task and the folders acted normally again. OneDrive turned itself back on and I couldn't delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Darcy Mazloum, May 13, 2024.

1. I can't delete folders anymore on Windows 11 - not really FIXED: it was a OneDrive problem

not really FIXED: I opened OneDrive and ended the task and the folders acted normally again. OneDrive turned itself back on and I couldn't delete folders anymore. OneDrive is the problem.Original Post:When I try to delete a folder on my Windows 11 laptop, it loads forever. I can delete files but folders don't work. I've tried restarting my computer but that does not fix it.I tried to delete a folder by opening the terminal and using 'rmdir test_folder' and it technically worked. The folder was successfully deleted but it remained in the File Explorer and showed an error message when I tried

:)

Darcy Mazloum, May 13, 2024

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I can't delete folders anymore on Windows 11 - not really FIXED: it was a OneDrive problem :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I can't delete folders anymore on Windows 11 - not really FIXED: it was a OneDrive problem :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 13, 2024
  3. RoboX Win User
    Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

I have the problem (from Windows 8) to delete the folders windows and programs on a secondary disk on which it was 7 .... know how to get full control to delete those folders?

RoboX, May 13, 2024
  4. I can't delete folders anymore on Windows 11 - not really FIXED: it was a OneDrive problem

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown I can't delete folders anymore on Windows 11 - not really FIXED: it was a OneDrive problem :(

lyndonguitar, May 13, 2024
Thema:

I can't delete folders anymore on Windows 11 - not really FIXED: it was a OneDrive problem

1. I can't delete folders anymore on Windows 11 - not really FIXED: it was a OneDrive problem - Similar Threads - can't delete folders

2. I can't delete folders anymore on Windows 11 - not really FIXED: it was a OneDrive problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't delete folders anymore on Windows 11 - not really FIXED: it was a OneDrive problem: not really FIXED: I opened OneDrive and ended the task and the folders acted normally again. OneDrive turned itself back on and I couldn't delete folders anymore. OneDrive is the problem.Original Post:When I try to delete a folder on my Windows 11 laptop, it loads forever. I...
  3. I can't delete folders anymore on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete folders anymore on Windows 11: When I try to delete a folder on my Windows 11 laptop, it loads forever. I can delete files but folders don't work. I've tried restarting my computer but that does not fix it.I tried to delete a folder by opening the terminal and using 'rmdir test_folder' and it technically...
  4. I can't delete folders anymore on Windows 11

I can't delete folders anymore on Windows 11: When I try to delete a folder on my Windows 11 laptop, it loads forever. I can delete files but folders don't work. I've tried restarting my computer but that does not fix it.I tried to delete a folder by opening the terminal and using 'rmdir test_folder' and it technically...
  5. Why can't I delete a folder on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I delete a folder on OneDrive?: I am trying to delete a folder on my OneDrive but I am being told I need to get permission from a different Administrator on my computer. I do have "Full Control" administrative rights on the admin account I am signed into, but I guess not full enough. I can see the alternate...
  6. Why can't I delete a folder on OneDrive?

Why can't I delete a folder on OneDrive?: I am trying to delete a folder on my OneDrive but I am being told I need to get permission from a different Administrator on my computer. I do have "Full Control" administrative rights on the admin account I am signed into, but I guess not full enough. I can see the alternate...
  7. Should I delete OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I delete OneDrive Folder: Hi. I messed up my OneDrive so bad, I couldn't do anything with it. I want to start over and set it up correctly before I start using it again. At OneDrive.com I unlinked the pc and unlinked the account. Then I closed OneDrive on my computer and uninstalled OneDrive via...
  8. Empty OneDrive folder is not accessible - Can't delete it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty OneDrive folder is not accessible - Can't delete it: It says: <path> is not accessible.The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalidWhen I click on the folder. The folder is an empty OneDrive folder from a Visual Studio project. I would like to delete it, but I can't seem to be allowed. OneDrive says everything is up...
  9. I deleted the onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted the onedrive folder: I deleted the onedrive folder because it was annoying and i dindt want it. But soon i realized that it actually contaid my desktop files and more. I dont really care about desktop files but wheneve i open something wit a onedrive sync logo on it it just give me an error. How...
  10. Problem Deleting Folder on OneDrive

Problem Deleting Folder on OneDrive: I've been backing up some of my stuff on OneDrive, and today, when I tried to rename one of the folders on OneDrive I got an error message saying that the path was too long. I clicked No/Cancel/Whatever-it-was-called thinking that it would abort the rename. Instead, OneDrive...