Windows 10: I can't delete or copy any files

Discus and support I can't delete or copy any files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been trying to copy or delete photos or files by right clicking and selecting the usual 'delete' or 'copy'. However when I select the copy or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Emma ELF, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Emma ELF Win User

I can't delete or copy any files

I've been trying to copy or delete photos or files by right clicking and selecting the usual 'delete' or 'copy'. However when I select the copy or delete, my laptop freezes for a second and kicks me out of the folder and takes me back to the desktop screen. Other times all I have to do is simply right click and I'm kicked out and back to the desktop. Is there a reason that it's doing this?

:)

Emma ELF, Sep 8, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Sep 8, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't delete or copy any files - Similar Threads - can't delete copy

2. Can't copy file to Android device if the file already existed and was deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't copy file to Android device if the file already existed and was deleted: Hi, I'm running into a recurring issue and can't find any help online about this. I have a Samsung S20 android phone and Windows 10 Pro. If I delete a file on the phone, and try to copy a new one with the same name in the same directory, it doesn't work. Here are the repro...
  3. Can't copy file to Android device if the file already existed and was deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't copy file to Android device if the file already existed and was deleted: Hi, I'm running into a recurring issue and can't find any help online about this. I have a Samsung S20 android phone and Windows 10 Pro. If I delete a file on the phone, and try to copy a new one with the same name in the same directory, it doesn't work. Here are the repro...
  4. Can't copy file to Android device if the file already existed and was deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't delete any file or folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete any file or folder: Hello everyone! I am facing some serious issues with my Windows 10.0.19044 Pro, build 19044 Version 21H2. When I try to delete, copy, cut or paste any file, the windows explorer crashes and the file keeps unchanged. This happens in any folder and if I try using ADM...
  6. Can't delete any file or folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete any file or folder: Hello everyone! I am facing some serious issues with my Windows 10.0.19044 Pro, build 19044 Version 21H2. When I try to delete, copy, cut or paste any file, the windows explorer crashes and the file keeps unchanged. This happens in any folder and if I try using ADM...
  7. Can't delete any file or folder

8. I can't delete a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete a file: when i try to open/delete an older text document it shows this: it won't show that error when i create a new text document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-a-file/64b1f566-eb21-4145-a5a8-d5f33cfd1db9
  9. I can't delete a file

I can't delete a file: when i try to open/delete an older text document it shows this: it won't show that error when i create a new text document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-a-file/64b1f566-eb21-4145-a5a8-d5f33cfd1db9
  10. Can't copy and paste file - windows explorer.exe Crashes when i copy and paste any file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't copy and paste file - windows explorer.exe Crashes when i copy and paste any file: It was working well a while ago until recently. I cannot copy and paste any file. Whenever I copy a file and paste it from one folder to another the windows explorer.exe crashes and restarts. I tried the steps in replies here, but no luck. Follow last reply to view windows...