Windows 10: I can't delete or rename a file from the desktop!!!

Discus and support I can't delete or rename a file from the desktop!!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, so I've been trying to delete a file from my desktop, but it just doesn't seem to work. I try to ove it to the recycle bin but either nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FunnyMachinaBoy, Dec 31, 2020.

1. I can't delete or rename a file from the desktop!!!

Hello, so I've been trying to delete a file from my desktop, but it just doesn't seem to work.

I try to ove it to the recycle bin but either nothing happens or the progress bar appears but it doesn't progress anything, I even tried shredding the file with File Shredder, but it caused the app to crash.

I tried also renaming it and then removing it, but when I try renaming it first, the desktop just crashes too.

I can't seem to find a solution, any suggestions?

submitted by /u/FunnyMachinaBoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FunnyMachinaBoy, Dec 31, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Dec 31, 2020
  4. MaxKbr Win User

I can't delete or rename a file from the desktop!!!

How to rename and delete categories in Contacts/Calendar

Hi all.

In contacts mngr, I can add a new category. But how to rename or delete this category list? When in Outlook (2007) on desktop, the WMP6 categories doesn´t exist. Sync ir running with no problems. And it´s configured to override desktop.

Thanks.

Max.

MaxKbr, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

I can't delete or rename a file from the desktop!!!

1. I can't delete or rename a file from the desktop!!! - Similar Threads - can't delete rename

2. Unable to delete / Edit / Rename / Cut a file from Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete / Edit / Rename / Cut a file from Desktop: Greetings all,I was browsing through the internet and decided to save an artwork on my desktop. The way I did it was the usual. I clicked dragged, then pressed Windows + D and let the file drop. The file had strange name, like really long list of characters. Perhaps it is...
  3. Unable to delete / Edit / Rename / Cut a file from Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete / Edit / Rename / Cut a file from Desktop: Greetings all,I was browsing through the internet and decided to save an artwork on my desktop. The way I did it was the usual. I clicked dragged, then pressed Windows + D and let the file drop. The file had strange name, like really long list of characters. Perhaps it is...
  4. Unable to delete / Edit / Rename / Cut a file from Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't delete a file from my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete a file from my desktop: I downloaded a file from a tax website onto my desktop. The file was automatically labelled by the provider as follows:"1099 E-File, E-File 1099-MISC, 1099-K Form Online, 1099-INT Form Online, 1099-DIV Form Online, 1042-S Form Online, 1099-A Form Online, 1099-B Form Online,...
  6. Can't delete a file from my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a file from my desktop: I downloaded a file from a tax website onto my desktop. The file was automatically labelled by the provider as follows:"1099 E-File, E-File 1099-MISC, 1099-K Form Online, 1099-INT Form Online, 1099-DIV Form Online, 1042-S Form Online, 1099-A Form Online, 1099-B Form Online,...
  7. Can't delete Excel file from desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete Excel file from desktop: You probably think, "Go check the thousands of other posts and replies about the problem!" but trust me, nothing works!I'll try to keep it short. Got an email from the boss with an xlsx attachment. The attachment didn't 'save as' due to permission issues but 'right click ->...
  8. Can't delete or rename some files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete or rename some files: I've been having trouble with deleting and renaming *some* files for months now. I'm running Windows 10 2OH2. The problem typically manifests itself in File Explorer. I'll try to delete or rename a file or folder and it usually works but sometimes, it simply won't work. The...
  9. Can't delete files from my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete files from my desktop: I saved 2 files as PDFs. I couldn't rename them and now I cannot delete them from the desk top. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-files-from-my-desktop/e94377c9-6ed5-4b7b-9aec-c0dab6d14ba7"
  10. Help: Can't Delete FIles From Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Help: Can't Delete FIles From Desktop: Hey all, I'm looking for advice on how to fix this strange problem: I cannot delete a subgroup of files from my desktop. - If I create a new file (using Notepad) I can easily delete the file - I can move an offending file to another folder but am still unable to delete it -...