Windows 10: I can't delete some pix off the windows 10 photo app

Discus and support I can't delete some pix off the windows 10 photo app in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do you get rid of pictures when you get the message "can't delete." There is no file there that can be opened! This is really a terrible program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by katherineNK, Nov 16, 2019.

1. I can't delete some pix off the windows 10 photo app

How do you get rid of pictures when you get the message "can't delete." There is no file there that can be opened! This is really a terrible program in my opinion. Thanks.

:)

katherineNK, Nov 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Deleting photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app or other app?

If you are referring to Photo app, follow the below steps and check.

[*]1. In the Photos app, go to the folder with the files you want to delete.
    [*]2. Do one of the following:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos and videos, swipe down on or right-click the files you want to delete. You can also tap or click
      Select all.
    • If you open a photo or video, swipe up from the bottom or right-click to see the app commands.

3. Tap or click
    Delete.

You can also delete photos using the Camera app, the OneDrive app, or File Explorer.

The above steps are the only way to delete the photos.

If you are referring to a different app or form different location, help us with more information.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 16, 2019
  4. I can't delete some pix off the windows 10 photo app

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

I can't delete some pix off the windows 10 photo app

1. I can't delete some pix off the windows 10 photo app - Similar Threads - can't delete pix

2. Recovering deleted photos on Windows 10 photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering deleted photos on Windows 10 photos app: I think I accidentally selected everything on my Windows 10 photos app and it all deleted. I put something on top of my laptop temporarily, and it moved the trackpad and selected it all.I don't know where they went or how to recover them. They are not in my recycle bin...:...
  3. Recovering deleted photos on Windows 10 photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering deleted photos on Windows 10 photos app: I think I accidentally selected everything on my Windows 10 photos app and it all deleted. I put something on top of my laptop temporarily, and it moved the trackpad and selected it all.I don't know where they went or how to recover them. They are not in my recycle bin...:...
  4. Can't delete multiple photos in app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete multiple photos in app: Hey everyone. I have a strange problem. I take lots of photos of my family. I then upload them to my computer and use the built-in photo app to review them, deleting the ones I don't like.I have found that as I scroll through the photos using the left-right arrows, I can...
  5. Can't delete multiple photos in app

Can't delete multiple photos in app: Hey everyone. I have a strange problem. I take lots of photos of my family. I then upload them to my computer and use the built-in photo app to review them, deleting the ones I don't like.I have found that as I scroll through the photos using the left-right arrows, I can...
  6. I can't delete the photos on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete the photos on Windows 10.: Hi. I have this problem when I try to delete the photos, it will say that I don't have permission or another app is using them. I deleted it from the app and I try to delete it again but the same problem occurs. How do I fix this? / How do I delete the photos?...
  7. Photos app suddenly has a lot of photos I can't delete

Photos app suddenly has a lot of photos I can't delete: I set windows media player as default and a bunch of photos downloaded to my laptop presumably from a shared album like one drive or something? and I can't delete them. I keep getting the message "We couldn't delete one or more of the files. Another app might be using them,...
  8. windows 10 photo app not deleting

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 photo app not deleting: I have tried everything you suggested and still not working. Why doesnt Microsoft try using some non microsoft users first before they send out a new update. Is microsoft update in May going to have a change for this? Thanks...
  9. unable to delete photo in Windows 10 Photo App

unable to delete photo in Windows 10 Photo App: In Windows10 "Photos App", I follow the standard procedures for deleting a photo such as right-hand click then delete OR clicking the garbage can icon at the top of the page and confirming delete. After executing this, the photo disappears from Photos App but when I go back...
  10. Will deleting photos on iPhone automatically delete photos imported on Windows 10 Photos App?

Will deleting photos on iPhone automatically delete photos imported on Windows 10 Photos App?: Windows 10 automatically synced all my iPhone photos onto the Photos Program on my Computer when connected through USB. I would like to delete/clear out some photos. If I delete photos on my iPhone will they also automatically delete on the imported Photos file or do I have...